The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Is the "Avalanche" Bare hand snow illusion available ? (or a simillar illusion) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
What's Up guys Smile ?!
I was discussing with other fellows on a recent thread, I was looking forward for a bare hand snow production. Some people suggested Avalanche, which I read about and saw some demonstrations of. It looks amazing and the main point that I loved was - The barehand snow production - Ive been dreaming to this illusion that way. Here are the main points of everything I love about the illusion

1- Bare hand snow production ( I don't like the fan/cup of water/snow animator way) most magical ever to produce snow like so.
2- No animator/fan required
3- Most realistic Snow ive seen (i don't mind Confetti, but that liquid soapish chemicals look a lot more realistic)
4- Not a rip off of DC/Kevin james version.

So if anyone knows if I can buy Avalanche from anywhere or any simillar version from anywhere or a simillar version ?! I would realllyy appreciate if anyone can guide me to so. Thank you !
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
I will try to answer your question.
As far as I know the Avalanche was sold by Hocus Pocus Magic, for a short time.
They stopped selling this item. You could ask them why they stopped.
In other threads on Avalanche you can read that someone was disappointed - the question is why.
Reading the threads, I understand that is was not a single item, but it was sold in combination with Blizzard EFX 2000.
This machine is also not sold anymore - the question is why.
On the site of La Magia de Giro you can find PERHAPS the first part where you are so desperately looking for: Snowstorm.
Please, before you order this item, ask Giro for the price!
Resume: Avalanche, where you are searching for, is NOT available anymore (as I understand).
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C1UH5fhW0Q

It ain't cheap. Not "occasional performer" cheap, nor "starter level" cheap. We're not talking absusive sums of money here, either, but keep in mind this is a very exclusive item meant for the working pro. It will cost you about this much.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
John Wills I tried searching for it hocus pocus magic before I posted my question here, I didn't find it. But Thank you soo much I will ask them now and search for it.

Fabio DeRose YES this is PERECTLY !!! what Im searching for !!! Thank you sooo much for your help, I just hope I can find it on the website of that magician. As for the price...I was guessing the method was cheaper than having a snow animator with everything and the snow confetti and all. But I will ask at first, but this really helped me, Hope I find it on the website.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22838 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
AmrKhaled, what John Wills was referring to was that you should pick up the telephone or your whatever type of talking device you use, and actually talk to the owner Paul Gross of Hocus-Pocus. Of course the item is not listed, they were sold out, but hat does not mean he can't give you the information you are seeking.

John Wills said you may have to buy Blizzard as well as Avalanche, but he is not 100 percent positive, so you have to ask Paul Gross, he is very helpful and will tell you if he can get the outfit for you. Their telephone number is 800-407-4040, ask for John Gross.
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 21:54, AmrKhaled wrote:
Fabio DeRose YES this is PERECTLY !!! what Im searching for !!! Thank you sooo much for your help, I just hope I can find it on the website of that magician.

Here you have the link http://www.lamagiadegiro.com/items.htm but I can't find price or how you can buy it. Maybe you should ask directly Mr. Giro. According to his website his email is magicgiro@telefonica.net
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I quoted him a couple years ago for the price since I was being consulted for a major theatrical production that ended up not coming to fruitition.

It might have changed, so I'm not gonna tell you how much it was. It's more than fair, for what you get - Giro is well known for producing items of the highest quality and certainly it reflects upon what he charges for them. It's certainly more expensive than a Snow Animator, that's for sure.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
Ouch that hurts :S lol Smile .... Ive seen snow animators prices vary from around $1000-$1500 around that range. Im talking about the PRIMARY part of just releasing the snow from barehands (Because I remeber the illusion Avalanche had 2 parts....the 2nd involved an FX device or so...). Thank you VERY much for your help Mr. DeRose I really appreciate it. I emailed him, but didn't get a reply yet. I didn't know his products were high quality. Actually I never heard about his illusions before. So I don't know. I hope the 1st part isn't very expensive (a man can dream right Smile ) ?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I don't think he would sell you just one "piece of the puzzle". Wouldn't be any ogical at all. And remember there is also a chance of Giro's device emplying an entirely different method than that of Avalanche.

You're right about snow animators' prices (You can find used ones for about half price, tho). For this particular item, get ready to think in Euros rather than US Dollars, tho.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
If you ask for John Gross.. they won't know who you're talking about.. but if you ask for Paul.. the nicest man in the magic dealer biz other than me will come to the phone
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
If you buy one of the other version instead of the snow animator then you should realize that those don't include Kevin's wonderful routine! Right now nothing is available that is better than Kevin James snow animator system. (Avalanche is a joke)
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Is there a liquid soap that can be used with a KJ Animator?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
bertolla
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
84 Posts

Profile of bertolla
Hi Ben,

There is now KJ Animator who is working with soap.

I made a lot of testing this illusion and only one is working with a good price.
It is the one from Julius Frack. It is clear when you try to do this effect you need a lot of individual handling of the items.
For me I changed several things who is for my style. Now I can do my normal magic show without changing the clothes or somethings.
At the end I do this illusion. It is important you need a good story, you need a good music and you need the snow. With the system from Julius Frack you have endless (!!) snow with an "easy" handling.

Check my promotional video:
http://youtu.be/2c5FqShObXQ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Is the "Avalanche" Bare hand snow illusion available ? (or a simillar illusion) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL