The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » My Week at the Magic Castle on The Magic Word (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
I just completed a week of performing in the Close-up Gallery at the Magic Castle. While I was in LA, I visited with Mark Wilson & Nani Darnell, Dean Dill, Chris Korn, Paul Vigil, Darren Romeo, Howard Hamburg, Paul Green, Shoot Ogawa and more. It's all in the three hour podcast TheMagicWordPodcast.com
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
This podcast was three hours in length. It is on the cusp of what I think is a "comfortable" time limit. What is your opinion of how long my podcasts should be? Most run about one to two hours.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Well, I posted a voting button on the Facebook page and so far it appears that 102 people have viewed the ballot but only one person has actually voted. That tells me that the majority of listeners don't care how long the podcasts last or they have no opinion. So, I will try to keep them under three hours. If it's more than that, then I will break them up in segments. Thanks for your input...or not. Smile And thanks for listening.

Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Scott,
Your program is a pleasure no matter how long the episode is. This program allows me to be a part of conversations with magic heroes I will likely never get to meet! Most of us hobbyists have all dreamed that we would become pros and have friends like you and your guests, have a cocktail, and discuss ideas. You give us a taste of that dream; however brief it may be. Thank you!
By the way, the segment with Dean Dill was excellent. As a fellow Christian I really appreciated his "Magic Word". Total class all the way!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Thank you, Stephen Johnson for your kind words. It is sentiment like yours that inspires me to keep on with my efforts. I know someone like you is listening out there in cyberspace.

And thanks for your feedback on the timing of the episodes. I know that some people like to listen to them in the car but after they stop, some tell me that their radio system won't pick up where they left off. So it's rather difficult to speed forward to find where they left off. And if the podcast it overly long, then it takes even longer to find where to pick up. That's why I now try to give time codes of when I begin talking with each guest; however, I intersperse the "convention podcasts" with special guests who stay in my home. These are usually about one to two hours in length so I don't have any time codes for these chats.

Thanks again for your comments and encouragement.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » My Week at the Magic Castle on The Magic Word (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL