The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ace by Richard Sanders FX (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:18, gferdinand wrote:
I do a lot of performing for children and developed a cute Halloween themed version of ACE.

Excellent thinking, gferdinand! Check your PMs. - Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
This is a recommendable stuff for both sleight of hands and non-sleight.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:18, gferdinand wrote:
I do a lot of performing for children and developed a cute Halloween themed version of ACE. It uses Richard’s BASIC handling with cards that I had designed for a previous trick. I’ve posted it to YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJGIQ_8DIWM I’ve also shown it to Richard in hopes that he might collaborate with me on it. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can offer. Thanks.

I like this idea. very good for children.

how about an adult version? you have a card with a picture of a genie and a lamp (like from Aladdin). You tell them to make a wish and the genie will grant it. they turn the cards over, you turn yours over at the same time... and it's ... well ... an "adult" image. you can have a set for men and women. it would be funny because the one card would look very innocent with a cartoon genie and stuff... the other card would be a d**k pic. hilarious trick to show your friends. they are also unlikely to want to examine your cards... so you don't have to worry about not finishing clean. pure shock value trick, but it could be awesome in the right setting (and obviously very bad to use in the wrong setting). if you're doing the trick for guys, and you have the genie turn into the "male" cards, then it's sort of like a prank and a magic trick in one.

edit: and when the cards are face down in their hands... tell them to put their fingers under the face down card and rub the lamp. lol.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
I bought this yesterday from penguin magic.All uk dealers where out of stock.Only taking preorders.penguin had free shipping flat pack deal to uk.Which worked out to just over thirteen pounds.Bargain.Though I knew how it went.I don't have a certain card needed.Plus I am intrigued with the other effects ie kings and multi spectators.I love gferdinands take on this.I think a good idea for adult haloween.Say have four cards printed as the four horseman of the apocalypse.Conquest,war,famine and death.sent to the four corners of the globe by satan.Hands representing four corners of the globe.Epic battle good v evil god sends Gabriel,michael,raphael and uriel to battle the four horsemen.Good truimps as the four horsemen are gone and the four angels remain.Look forward to ace arriving.The dst I thought could be replaced with repo s.... a......e. I messed around with that constructing the gimmicks in Patrick redfords hands off.Instead of well you know.Cheers guys
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Loving the effect but working it hard nightly. Already on my second gimmick and its wearing quickly. Any little bend and the final revelation is too risky. I'll stick with Double Back until I get replacements.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Received a few days ago for those who don't like the plot,theres a really cool version with a gambling theme.Jokers being wild.joker turns into a king,then another into an ace.Finally magician needs four of kind aces, two remaining jokers and king transform into the three needed remaining aces.I think if you don't like the concept of you swapping there jokers for yours.Alter the patter to say in the middle ages magicians where scared of being burnt at the stake so to practise there magic with each other.They would sublety mark their jokers etc and so when they changed places only they could see it had happened.Also they would make a grabbing jesture and pretend to swap the card like this.Just in case of spying eyes.Today however we have no such fear and can use real magic like this ......Four aces.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
At last Ace is coming back into stock and should be with us in the UK towards the end of next week. All pre-orders for this batch will go out the day it arrives with us, thanks for your patients.

If you have been waiting to order grab one here as we are told there will be no more for 3 months after this batch is sold.

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/a......-fx.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I thought of new patter for this trick that I thought I'd share:

when you put the first joker in their hand, say "this is joker number 1"... then put "joker number 2" in their other hand. then show them "jokers 3 and 4" in your hand. then do the slow motion switch where you switch "joker 3" with "joker 2". then say, "now you're holding jokers number 1 and 3, and I'm holding jokers 2 and 4". then say "now watch, I'll switch them, so now I'm holding jokers 1 and 3 and you're holding 2 and 4. If you don't beleive me, there are actually small numbers on the jokers to prove that you're really holding jokers 2 and 4 and that I switched them".

When they turn their joker over, it will be the 2 of hearsts and 4 of spades. you will be holding the ace of clubs and the three of diamonds.

so when they turn the cards over, they're expecting to see jokers with some small lettering that they just didn't notice at first. and they're expecting this not to be a good trick because they'll know that they didn't see the numbers at the beginning and therefore it's not magical at all if they have jokers with the numbers 2 and 4 on them somewhere. But then they'll turn them over to find the two spot cards and be surprised and fooled.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As expected Ace has now come back into stock and will be with us in 2-3 days.

All outstanding orders are expected to ship on Monday 9th September.

Half of the new batch is presold so grab one now before they sell out again!

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/a......-fx.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
ACE by Richard Sanders is FINALLY BACK IN STOCK at Penguin Magic. It's been hard to get so grab yours while supplies last!

I'm sure they are going to go quick again!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3580
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The same here at Saturn Magic it's just arrived and all back orders will go out on Monday
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Just placed my order from Penquin Magicand they sent an email for a video link showing my order being packed. They showed packing slip with my name and address also showed shipping label with my name on it. I thought this was pretty cool, but it would be even better if they could make my order appear in my hands instantly 😜
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
I have just received this and it is a very good effect and reminds me lot of John Allen’s Double Back which is also excellent. The only problem I have is that you cannot get replacement cards and I end up buying the trick again which is a very expensive way of doing it. I have tried making the gimmick myself but it is never the same. I do wish the dealers would think about extra gimmicks when producing these type of tricks.

Chris Wild
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Sorry just noticed that you can get replacement cards for Ace form Richard Sanders site.

Chris Wild
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I haven't actually purchased any but I would think you could get extra gimmicks here:

http://www.martinismagic.com/Products.html

Custom DF cards list for $2.00 each so they would be much cheaper.
Has anyone tried this?
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to order the necessary ACE gimmicks.
Can't vouch for the quality but I have good reviews from others in the past.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 23:53, Keith Mitchell wrote:
Just placed my order from Penquin Magicand they sent an email for a video link showing my order being packed. They showed packing slip with my name and address also showed shipping label with my name on it. I thought this was pretty cool, but it would be even better if they could make my order appear in my hands instantly 😜

HAHAHAHA that's gold! Thanks Keith for the quirky jokes (I hope I use the right term).
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2013-09-07 12:01, videoman wrote:
I haven't actually purchased any but I would think you could get extra gimmicks here:

http://www.martinismagic.com/Products.html

Custom DF cards list for $2.00 each so they would be much cheaper.
Has anyone tried this?
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to order the necessary ACE gimmicks.
Can't vouch for the quality but I have good reviews from others in the past.

Martini is great. Bought couple of DF cards few years ago. However, custom DF is thicker, while ACE will give you a truly single card feeling to the gaff.

You might want to try Chris Schenk, Card-Shark Shop in Germany. He offers customized printing, tho considering the individual price it could be a little pricey but I've heard great testimonials about his products.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
For those of you who have this which handling do you prefer? the basic one or the alternative one? I have learnt both but would like peoples opinion on which you think is better for the spectators as I am a little undecided. I think the alternative one is good as the spectator sees both jokers face up in their hands but the basic one seems a little cleaner and straight forward in the moves.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Really depends on your personal style - and the audience.

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Martini is great. Bought couple of DF cards few years ago. However, custom DF is thicker, while ACE will give you a truly single card feeling to the gaff.

You might want to try Chris Schenk, Card-Shark Shop in Germany. He offers customized printing, tho considering the individual price it could be a little pricey but I've heard great testimonials about his products.

That would be disappointing if the thickness of the custom DF cards were noticeably thicker. After all, the only thing keeping us from simply gluing 2 cards together is the extra thickness of the newly made "card". I think I will order a couple and see how I like them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ace by Richard Sanders FX (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL