The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ace by Richard Sanders FX (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4507 Posts

Profile of videoman
As far as replacement cards, I try and pick up the 4 Card Monte trick whenever Penguin has it in their Coolbox for a freakin' penny.
The gimmick in that trick can also be used in many other effects such as ACE.
I also use it as a replacement for Stand-up Monte and NFW, that's pretty good for 1 cent.

It's got to be one of the best deals in magic!!!

I would love to buy 25 of them for a quarter but they won't let you add more than one to your cart.
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Where should I get refill cards from if I live in Sydney ? Do they come ready to perform or I will need some spray for them ? What about double stick tape - is that any good ?

Cheers
Tom
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Ok no worries I found them online. Well - all links to them are here. Question - which spray to use to make gimmick ? Have never done that before that is why I am asking.

T.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I own many magic tricks, love many of them, but this is my new favourite. Simple presentation, easy to carry with you, quick routine, easy to perform and great impact - and nobody has a clue how it was done.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Ordered this.. Have not got it yet.. I am confused what are these refill cards everyone is talking about and do I need them right off or later? And where in the US is good place to get them and what exactly do I get?

(Or will I understand all this once I receive it?) Smile

Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
You would only need a refill if you perform it to the point where the cards simply wear out.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Ok.. Cool.. Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
lumagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lumagic
One of my favorites tricks with cards, so visual and surprising ending.
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of taoist
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2013, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Martini is great. Bought couple of DF cards few years ago. However, custom DF is thicker, while ACE will give you a truly single card feeling to the gaff.

You might want to try Chris Schenk, Card-Shark Shop in Germany. He offers customized printing, tho considering the individual price it could be a little pricey but I've heard great testimonials about his products.

That would be disappointing if the thickness of the custom DF cards were noticeably thicker. After all, the only thing keeping us from simply gluing 2 cards together is the extra thickness of the newly made "card". I think I will order a couple and see how I like them.

Just split the cards first to get near to the thickness of a stock card.
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
155 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
Very nice effect but the adhesive doesn't last long at all... will be picking up some 3M Mount to try that out today, as well as buying a DF deck to make up my own sets. The gaffs are simply too much $$$ to justify buying extras. Thanks for all of the tips...
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
155 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2013, MagicDamo wrote:
For those of you who have this which handling do you prefer? the basic one or the alternative one? I have learnt both but would like peoples opinion on which you think is better for the spectators as I am a little undecided. I think the alternative one is good as the spectator sees both jokers face up in their hands but the basic one seems a little cleaner and straight forward in the moves.

I realize that this is an old comment, but I just started really playing with this and I like the "Five Change" effect that is taught on the DVD. Very magical and the final reveal takes people by surprise because they are seeing those cards for the first time.

I was happy to find a VERY old DF deck from years ago lying in an old box so I've been able to make up multiple sets of this with lots of different card values. Even though they are not "Aces", it doesn't seem to hurt the impact of the final reveal at all...
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1086 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Yeah,I have a full double faced deck,all 52 cards with the other sides all jokers,that's good for making up 52 sets! Anyone want this for a good price,pm me.
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi to those who own this, do you make your own replacements? Is there any way to get just that replacement card alone? I can't seem find anywhere where I can just buy the DF card since the rest of the cards used are just normal cards.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1494 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4824 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You won't get the right card combo from a Double Face deck. Here is a link to the "official replacements"
http://www.sandersfx.com/productdetails.php?id=19
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4507 Posts

Profile of videoman
For the same price as a replacement set you can go here http://www.mimesis-magic.com/custom-double-sided-cards.html
And have several cards made with whatever faces you want.

Shawn has made a bunch of stuff for me over the years and I can tell you he does excellent work, best I've found.

FYI, the DF deck will give you a Joker/5S and Joker/5H (IIRC), so if you're okay with those cards then that is the easiest and quickest route.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4824 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
There are a lot of custom gaffers that are also Café members and a few "Better Known" sites to get custom gaffs made. I often wonder though, Why don't more people at least try gaffing themselves? I am by no means a person that has any type of "artistry" (as in arts and crafts) in my blood. I have picked up a couple DVDs/Downloads, PDF books... on gaffing and picked up some "common" supplies from places like JoAnn's, Michaels, Office Max, Staples...

Mind you, I wasted almost as many cards as I did learning the "Mercury Fold" thru trial and error but I can actually knock out some pretty decent gaffs now using both "traditional glues" and "DMT" methods. It has saved me a ton over the years and it helped me to get better at making the little "arts and crafts" gimmicks that are so popular today.

I would certainly prefer printed cards for some effects where I may want to give the card away. Example - I want a Phoenix 2 of Hearts / Phoenix Ace of Hearts for "Anniversary Waltz". I have made the card myself but have not yet "perfected" the "real card feel" that would be good enough to give away (IMO). On the other hand, I have made a few AC/Joker (both in Phoenix) for "Ace" by Richard Sanders or "NFW" by Gary Freed that work perfectly. I have also made them with the repo-glue method and double sided tape.

One of these days I will get around to Typing up and posting a list of references for "self gaffing" in the Gaffed and Funky forum. Until then, PM me if you want to get pointed in the right direction for DIY gaffs. ***NOTE*** I am not suggesting NOT to buy from or support these absolute artists who gaff cards for a living. I am just saying, give it a try, it is actually fun and quite relaxing. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Ian Wright
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Ian Wright
I've recently come across both ACE by Richard Sanders and also Spectrum by Wayne Dobson. I've not purchased either yet, but aren't they essentially the same thing with slightly different handling?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ace by Richard Sanders FX (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL