The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7513 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 15:41, nspikito wrote:
I love STC and the gimmick . . . except for one thing. It's not simple for me to ditch the gimmick, which because of its stiffness is hard for me to palm off the deck. I'd love to hear how all of you handle this. You can just answer this post, or send me a PM if a reply here might expose something.
Thanks!

Spike

Why would you want to palm the gimmick off the deck? There's no need.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
I have a very simple clean up idea for STC which gets the gimmick out of play. I will up load it to YouTube.

Regards

Peter
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4215 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
If you really wanted to and you have other touines you need to perform, you could simply strip out the jokers to the top of the deck and load the gimmick card and the two jokers in the card box.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I just cut it back into the deck after I hand them their card or put the cards back in the box. 👍
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
607 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Same here
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 04:11, reignofsound wrote:
I just cut it back into the deck after I hand them their card or put the cards back in the box. 👍
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 16:07, Peter Nardi wrote:
I have a very simple clean up idea for STC which gets the gimmick out of play. I will up load it to YouTube.

Regards

Peter

Thanks, Peter. I'd like to see what you have in mind. I really don't like the idea of leaving it in the deck, for many obvious reasons, if I go onto other card effects, which I am likely to do.
Spike
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 15:53, pegasus wrote

The stiffness of the gimmick plus its unusual appearance (you know what I mean) make it problematic for other card effects.
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 16:15, Blindside785 wrote:
If you really wanted to and you have other touines you need to perform, you could simply strip out the jokers to the top of the deck and load the gimmick card and the two jokers in the card box.

Good suggestion! I'll play with that.

Spike
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 16:07, Peter Nardi wrote:

Regards

Peter

Where should I look on YouTube, Peter? The AlakazamUkTv channel? Thanks.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4215 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I will be working this at a gig today, STC already has my vote for product of the year for 2013.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7513 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 08:50, nspikito wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 15:53, pegasus wrote

The stiffness of the gimmick plus its unusual appearance (you know what I mean) make it problematic for other card effects.

Understood. I thought you were palming off the card just so you could hand the deck out for inspection.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
My method is the same a Blindsides. I will film it if needed guys.
nspikito
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of nspikito
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 11:36, Peter Nardi wrote:
My method is the same a Blindsides. I will film it if needed guys.

Seeing the creator do it would be insightful for all of us, if you don't mind.
Thanks, Peter.

Spike
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 22:17, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 19:57, tomsk192 wrote:

In that the spectator gets a true moment of magic after a moment of utter s***e?

Tom

I take it you are not a fan of Remarkable?
Actually I'm not sure what you mean.
But if I were to combine the two I would probably do STC as a stand alone effect first, and then use Remarkable as a surprise kicker and show the pen now says their card.
Aww, I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't even own Remarkable.
Have to admit though that I have always liked the idea of having specs sign a forced card in effects where you can do this. It seems to pacify even the real suspicious types, and increase their amazement.

I get you. I was being rather heavy handed, and it is entirely subjective. We all have our pet hates; bar codes, Sharpie markers, specially printed playing cards? They are my pet hates. Just too obvious, in a very particular way.

I suppose I believe that the experience of wonder is quite a raw moment combined with a lasting sense of wonder.

If I did that kind of revelation, I would want to revert to normal, with no visible moves.

Tom
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
This is a fantastic product, great eye candy! I think whether you should ditch the gimmick depends on what effects you want to follow up with. Peter Nardi (thank you for this release, by the way!) shows you what to do on the accompanying DVD, so if you buy it, you will at least have an idea of how to accomplish the removal of the gimmick without your participants' (aka "spectators") awareness. Also, IMO, all the heat should either be on the marker or most likely, their selected card...not the deck.
Kaylan
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Or if you have a t.k.o you can ditch with that
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
So, have any of you guys got a video clip of your performance of STC? Would love to see it.

Peter
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 01:59, Peter Nardi wrote:
So, have any of you guys got a video clip of your performance of STC? Would love to see it.

Peter

Il be doing one shortly.

This is a nice little trick and its really easy to do. Id give it a 8/10 and definitely a trick Il be performing regularly.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1524 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Please keep it off the tube place.I know too late!but do we need yet more butchered DL's up there.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1099 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 07:25, Libertus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 01:59, Peter Nardi wrote:

Peter

Il be doing one shortly.

This is a nice little trick and its really easy to do. Id give it a 8/10 and definitely a trick Il be performing regularly.

Great. Lets just put everything on !@#$%^& youtube for all to see. Why do we need this? There's a demo for people to watch. Why you're encouraging half assed performances to be posted I don't know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL