The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
martialartsmagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of martialartsmagic
I got mine this morning. Hammered it all day. Really pleased with this although after using a cig through years ago, I didn't doubt Bromleys work.
Thanks to the team for getting me this so quickly too.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
How long will it last? Not sure.... really depends on how well you look after it. After playing with it for an afternoon, it feels like it is a lot stronger than it looks! It really is lush and flush. The best thing is.... strangely, when you push the pen through the card, it feels so, so good. I can't explain it, feels so smooth, like it really is going through the card and not a hole.

Peter Nardi is right, the precision on this thing is incredible.... I still have no idea exactly how it is made!?!?!

BUY it. A gorgeous little addition to ANY set.... will add a few seconds of magic at least, and most importantly, YOU WILL USE THIS, mainly because it's just so simple.

If you love cig through coin / cig through card, this is a winner.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Received mine this morning, not 'played' with it enough to do a review, however it is beautifully constructed. You cannot see the gaff! I had to push with my fingers to find it. It won't be seen by a spectator. As Max would say 'a thing of terrifying beauty' MUST be product of the year.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 19:36, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
....The best thing is.... strangely, when you push the pen through the card, it feels so, so good. I can't explain it, feels so smooth, like it really is going through the card and not a hole....

Dude.... erm.... this is slightly disturbing.... Smile
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 04:29, corindaman wrote:
Received mine this morning, not 'played' with it enough to do a review, however it is beautifully constructed. You cannot see the gaff! I had to push with my fingers to find it. It won't be seen by a spectator. As Max would say 'a thing of terrifying beauty' MUST be product of the year.

May the card be inspected by the audience after performing?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
My wild guess would be, "no".
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Quote:
May the card be inspected by the audience after performing?

As far as the spec is concerned - the card is fully inspectable and they can take it away. Presentation is the key.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Mine just arrived, opened the packaging to find no dvd or gimmick [gutted]
Have emailed the guys.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Can any pen go through the card?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

As a manufacturer and a creator myself, I believe I can work out how most effects are done (if the demo is true) but personally I do not feel the need to jump on here and prove to everyone how clever I am by exposing it.

For a creator, having one of your effects taken apart piece by piece on a forum is not very pleasant . Imagine performing at a party and you hear someone saying "yeah I can see you're impressed and enjoying the show BUT he's only doing a **** the Sharpie isn't really going through your card".

Now to me, this is exactly what happens here on the Café. People enjoy a trailer, get excited about an effect and then its openly exposed. Am I missing something ?

What is the point?

Peter

Ps the effect is design for a sharpie pen
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
All this discussion might generate the odd sale though, eh chaps?
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 13:43, tomsk192 wrote:
All this discussion might generate the odd sale though, eh chaps?

Actually I think the opposite is true. I'd be surprised if any experienced performer watching the demo doesn't know the method. However, for the hobbyists or enthusiasts that may not know - and my guess is they're an important part of the market - I suspect that exposure reduces their likelihood of buying an item since it loses something of its mystery, even for them. So no, I don't think it generates sales at all.

Also, I've got nothing to do with this product or any other on the market, so your comment is neither apposite or even relevant.

Sorry if I've started something here, I just think showboating your knowledge( even if it is just uninformed guesswork on the method) is harmful, adolescent, and unprofessional.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I totally agree re: showboating knowledge. I like Alakazam and am a fan of PN. That having been said, the Café generates revenue for many producers.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 13:25, Peter Nardi wrote:
Imagine performing at a party and you hear someone saying "yeah I can see you're impressed and enjoying the show BUT he's only doing a **** the Sharpie isn't really going through your card".

To be fair, I was drinking when I said that and everyone was still in love with what you did.

How'd you sneak the dove under her dress?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Nevertheless it hurt Zombie Smile
charlies_hat
View Profile
Regular user
Norwich, UK
108 Posts

Profile of charlies_hat
Couldn't agree more with PN. Too much noise about method is totally unnecessary.

Also, if you want take all magic ad copy literally when a gimmick is concerned, you're in the wrong job.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Peter is one of the few creators I actually like to watch his demo performances. He has a nice persona and a very polished act.

Its off topic somewhat but someone said a few posts above that he loved Peter. Smile
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Anyway, can't wait to see this live ! Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Back to Mr. Nardi......he's one of the gifts to the art. A fantastic performer, creator and all around good egg.

On Sharpie Through Card, I love the moment in the trailer when the audience member pulls the Sharpie out. That makes it magic in their hands now.

I made a fair demo.....just buy STC and perform it!
fballatore
View Profile
New user
Ridgefield, CT USA
13 Posts

Profile of fballatore
OK, now back to the topic...

I noticed several people saying that they ordered the red or blue version, and I think someone said there's a combo version. I ordered from Penguin yesterday, and wasn't given a choice. Wonder what I'll get. I should know by Friday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL