The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Just performed this tonight at a BBQ as my finale. It killed!!! Everybody freaked out and once I handed their signed card back everyones attention was focused on the sharpie and the signed card. They could have cared less about the deck. So I put the deck back in the box and into my pocket and it was a done deal. This is so much fun performing this for people!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Received my package today. The gimmick is beautifully made. My only disappointment is that I received a blue gimmick and I always use a red deck. There was nowhere for me to specify the color I wanted when I ordered.

ANYONE WANT TO TRADE COLORS?

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
SF on the gimmick works great!
Thanks Saysold 👍
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 04:43, reignofsound wrote:
SF on the gimmick works great!
Thanks Saysold 👍

Your welcome!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Not that it really matters Smile but should they want, the Card-Shark and Peter Nardi can thank me for suggesting combining SF with STC to make the DL much easier. I asked about this and got flamed in this thread, so unfortunately my original posting got deleted. But really, it is all about magicians helping magicians, right?

I love finding new places to use SF. It has made so many effects look better and more accessible to me. STC looks so much like just PURE magic and SF makes it that much better.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 11:08, NYCJoePitt wrote:
Not that it really matters Smile but should they want, the Card-Shark and Peter Nardi can thank me for suggesting combining SF with STC to make the DL much easier. I asked about this and got flamed in this thread, so unfortunately my original posting got deleted. But really, it is all about magicians helping magicians, right?

I love finding new places to use SF. It has made so many effects look better and more accessible to me. STC looks so much like just PURE magic and SF makes it that much better.

Well thank you NYC Joe! I never say mention of the SF so it must have been removed some time ago. Anyone like us who owns SF naturally wants to try experimenting with it when the opportunity arises.

I don't tjink you will hear Peter chiming in with a bear hug for Christian - but both of these guys put out some great material.

STC is working and playing really well - it's a powerful bit of eye candy.

I still can't get over how the heck Rob Bromley figured out how to make the gimmick - I am still marveling at it whenever I use it. It could not be more precision & perfect - it isn't 99% perfect, it is 100% perfect. How he can make these in quantity for the price offered?... boggles my mind.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Does the red backed card look as good as the blue? Typically with this type of gimmick blue tends to hide everything better, but I would prefer red if it looks just as good.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I've heard using a thick card below two regular cards makes for an easy double lift too if you don't want to mess around with expensive sprays.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Love this!
All the heat seems to be on the pen 👍
Genius 😄
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Maybe, I just say maybe, it is the best trick of Mister Nardi.. Alright, it's not revolutionnary but it is amazing and people just love it ! Congrats again, can't wait to get mine Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 11:53, sabitu wrote:
Does the red backed card look as good as the blue? Typically with this type of gimmick blue tends to hide everything better, but I would prefer red if it looks just as good.

My red card is as close to perfect visually as I could desire.

I recommend holding the card at a slight angle when performing, but as the other guys say... heat is on the pen.
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
Quote:

I bought the combo and IMVHO both colours are equally well-camouflaged.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I perfomed this a couple times yesterday. I have my own personal patter that I'm really liking now Smile, find a presentation for this, it needs it.

I did this for a room of magicians and they love the look of it, Laymen's jaws literally dropped Smile
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Dam you guys. Looks like more of my cash is going today.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I've been playing with this as well. I added the SF as well and I have to admit it is an improvement. You certainly don't need SF to make this look good, but I've definitely found it worth adding to give it those extra subtle touches only SF can provide. It really is a great match.

Both red and blue cards are very well made and well-hidden. I wouldn't have any reservations based on card color. The gimmick is so precisely made it hurts. I've tried to make my own cigarette through card gimmick before, and it turned out alright (i.e. workable), but Bromley's precision here just makes my efforts look childish. I've really got to hand it to him - he delivered.

The bonus ideas/routines on the disc are nice as well. There were a couple of ideas I think may be overlooked, but they have really strong potential. Don't forget to watch the DVD to check those out!

Now for the real tests: 1) Wife test - she knows what the gimmick is, so no fooling her here, but the result was still positive. She said although she knew how it worked, the effect was still very cool and liked it a lot. 2) The layman test: I just did this similar to the Greg Wilson patter and followed up with a simple ACR. The result? A shocked look and after the effect is was "That was neat...but how'd you get the sharpie through my card? Can I see that marker again?" It was the highlight of the effect, even as a "throwaway" and the marker got all the heat.

End result: this is a great effect and coupled with Bromley's experience in making the gimmick, you are getting a real quality effect here that is workable. In addition, the card can be used for other effects/controls while in the deck, so don't forget that either. The "tests" are merely anecdotal, but I would expect similar results to whomever this is performed.

If you like what you see in the trailer and want to be able to do just that, get STC and you will NOT be disappointed. There are no nasty surprises here. Smile
fballatore
View Profile
New user
Ridgefield, CT USA
13 Posts

Profile of fballatore
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 07:16, Foxlute wrote:
Quote:

I bought the combo and IMVHO both colours are equally well-camouflaged.

I received my package today, and I'm sorry I got the red. I can't imagine that it looks as good as the blue. Unfortunately, I ordered from Penguin, and wasn't given a choice. I guess I should have requested blue in the order notes. I'm going to see if I can exchange mine.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

The red and the blue gimmicks are the same. Shouldn't have a problem with either?

Peter
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I agree. With my red I had to put he card close to my face to see the gimmick initially. Really.

Yes you can see it at a certain angle or light but its allignment is 99.99% perfect. As with any effect you should not be afraid of being caught when not chased.
Shadowmoor
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Shadowmoor
It could be noted that the standard wide-body Sharpie is a great fit for this- the thinner fine-point Sharpie does not have the girth to hold the card.

If you use one of the many available handmade wooden wands (which usually taper wider from the tip), a great effect can be had by using the wand in lieu of the Sharpie. Angle management is much easier due to the wand going farther through the card. A great effect!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I think this is a great version of "cigarette through card" - updated for today's audiences with a Sharpie.

Rob Bromley really is one of the best "card engineers" in the world, as Peter says on the DVD. I've seen many gaffed cards similar to this, and this is one of the best.

Personally, I like Gregory Wilson's idea of using it as a quick trick - a "throwaway", if you will. But a very good one. I plan to use it.

My only complaint is the lack of crediting for one of the bonus effects - "Static". It's obviously the "Magnetized Cards" - a trick that is at least one hundred years old and was one of Nate Leipzig's favorites. Specifically, the Gary Plants version that he released in 2000. If you're going to use the gaffed card like this, then I'd use Gary's version.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL