The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20~21~22 [Next]
Jim Gravina
View Profile
New user
Fort Wayne, IN/Syracuse, NY
6 Posts

Profile of Jim Gravina
PENGUIN Currently only has the RED gimmick and the COMBO pack available which gives you a red ond a blue. They told me they do not have the blue in stock at the moment. Anyone know where I can purchase a blue gimmick TODAY? I WANT THIS!
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Just ordered mine today - can't wait to play with it! Here's an idea to play with....remember the black hole bugs bunny used (or was it the roadrunner?) anyway...have someone draw a dime-sized black hole on the face of a card, do the DT and voila....then hand it back to them and let them have their "moment of astonishment." I also like the "heat" idea, too.
Kaylan
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I think I could care less about the Gregory Wilson throwaway.

I have now performed this 20 times, gosh that's excessive.

I've done 10 built up performances of this and then 10 performances of throwaways, nothing beats the built up version of it. I have a couple jokes and patter along the way that really get this to work. It really deserves a presentation.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1521 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Well the combo pack is officially sold out as well.

Apparently blue is more popular than red as the red is the only version left in stock, at least at Penguin.

I wanted blue dang it!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Jim Gravina
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Jim Gravina
Kaliix-

From what I was told by penguin is that they never even received the BLUE in stock at all. They only got the RED and the COMBO pack. They too, are waiting for the BLUE to come in.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4584 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 11:35, Kaliix wrote:
Well the combo pack is officially sold out as well.

Apparently blue is more popular than red as the red is the only version left in stock, at least at Penguin.

I wanted blue dang it!

On these types of gimmicks that match either red or blue backs, it seems that the dealers have finally started to routinely offer these in a combo pack for a reduced price.
I am happy to see this and have always thought it should be done. I am certain it has been done in the past but it seemed to be fairly rare.
That way you are ready to go regardless of deck color. I buy bricks of Bicycles at Costco and they come with red and blue so I use both interchangeably.
I wish Extractor had had this option, or if it did I never saw it. I got a blue Extractor which is all that seems to be available now.
I know there are instructions on the DVD to change the box, but I want 2 of them so would have to buy another anyway and then make it up in red.
I would rather just buy a red one already made.
I just ordered the STC combo pack from Penguin a couple days ago and it has shipped so perhaps I got the last one.
Can't wait to get it as this has gotten such rave reviews.

Peter Nardi, any red boxes available for Extractor?
Thanks,
Bill
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

We have all versions in stock at http://www.alakazam.co.uk

Regards

Peter
Jim Gravina
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Jim Gravina
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 14:28, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards

Peter

Whats your shipping cost to the states?
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I asked for Penguin to send me blue this morning, and I watched the video of them packaging my STC and it sure looked blue to me (the guy with the white gloves even pointed out the blue sticker on the front of the packaging), so they probably got more in. I specifically asked for blue prior to confirming payment, which is what they told me to do several days ago, and it seems to have worked Smile If it comes to me in red, I'll let you guys know, but I feel confident it will be blue.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1534 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 16:25, Shadowmoor wrote:
It could be noted that the standard wide-body Sharpie is a great fit for this- the thinner fine-point Sharpie does not have the girth to hold the card.

If you use one of the many available handmade wooden wands (which usually taper wider from the tip), a great effect can be had by using the wand in lieu of the Sharpie. Angle management is much easier due to the wand going farther through the card. A great effect!

I have no problem with a fine point sharpie?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4584 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 14:28, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regards

Peter

Peter,
Does this apply to Extractor as well, or only STC?
Thanks,
Bill
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Bill,

Sorry STC only. We have a new Extractor coming later this year.

Regards

Peter
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1534 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
New extractor :-(
I just bought mine haha
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Won't be out until at least December 2013

Peter
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3566 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this and it is very impressive! The quality is superb!
KJ
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
It would be churlish, having got it today, not to give a big thumbs up.

Alakazam x (Bromley+Nardi) = Great Magic.

Well done fellas. Great service from Alakazam as ever.

Tom
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Really glad you're all liking STC. Keep you eyes open for more Bromley/Nardi magic coming soon Smile

Regards

Peter
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10614 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 15:40, Peter Nardi wrote:
Really glad you're all liking STC. Keep you eyes open for more Bromley/Nardi magic coming soon Smile

Regards

Peter

I'm afraid!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Oh no! There goes my magic budget again.... Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4584 Posts

Profile of videoman
Received my combo pack STC today, and all I can say is...WOW!!!
I've been purchasing magic effects for over 40 years.
I've bought so many gimmicks I lost count long ago. Every thing from large scale illusions to Todd Lassen coins.
But this just may be the most well-made, most precision, most deceptive, and smoothest working gimmick I have ever seen in my life!
Both the red and blue look equally perfect.
I haven't watched the DVD yet, but even if one wasn't included I would still feel like I received way more than my money's worth.
I'm so glad I got the combo set. I may still buy another for back-up.
I am very rarely this over the moon about a product but it really is that good IMHO.
Just so you know, I am generally a pretty harsh critic of gimmicks like this, and I am not affiliated with Peter Nardi, Rob Bromley, Alakazam magic, or anyone involved with this product.
If this thing holds up, and it looks like it definitely will beyond any reasonable expectation (but it is made out of card stock after all) then I may have to vote for it as my absolute favorite magic gimmick of all time. I honestly don't care if my spectators hate it, I LOVE it. This is WAY too cool.
Thanks Peter and Rob, I like most all of your effects, but this one was a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth! (for the Brits and others who may not understand that expression, it means it's extraordinary.)
Whew, can't believe I just gushed so much praise on this. That is out of character for me. Alright then, I took a deep breath, so now I will reiterate and say that it's...not bad.
Bill

I will now repeat the cliche that I was certain I never would.
"Don't think about it, just click on Add to Cart. You will not regret it."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL