The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
Jim Gravina
View Profile
New user
Fort Wayne, IN/Syracuse, NY
6 Posts

Profile of Jim Gravina
STC with OMNI PEN..Try it Smile
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2192 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 13:28, Steven70s wrote:
I received my STC 3 days ago and now (since yesterday), after some good rehearsal and a few performances, I'm encountering an issue. Sometimes when I remove the Sharpie from the card, the end-position of the gimmick is not correct which immediately blows the effect (if you have encountered this problem I think you know what I mean). It keeps occurring more often now. It's has now come to the point that it is un-performable

Does anyone recognize this problem?


I been using my personal copy of STC for months now and have not had this problem. Maybe there is a fault with your gimmick. Where did you purchase it?

Regards

Peter
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Steven70s,
I am sure Peter will fix you up but if your X is sticking you may try removing the pen a little faster. I find it needs a little momentum to always seat properly. It should work even if you remove it slowly but it doesn't always.
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 13:28, Steven70s wrote:
I received my STC 3 days ago and now (since yesterday), after some good rehearsal and a few performances, I'm encountering an issue. Sometimes when I remove the Sharpie from the card, the end-position of the gimmick is not correct which immediately blows the effect (if you have encountered this problem I think you know what I mean). It keeps occurring more often now. It's has now come to the point that it is un-performable

Does anyone recognize this problem?


I get this too.

I might just order another one to see if its just a defect.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 09:09, Xcath1 wrote:
Steven70s,
I am sure Peter will fix you up but if your X is sticking you may try removing the pen a little faster. I find it needs a little momentum to always seat properly. It should work even if you remove it slowly but it doesn't always.


Agree.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 19:17, Peter Nardi wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 13:28, Steven70s wrote:
I received my STC 3 days ago and now (since yesterday), after some good rehearsal and a few performances, I'm encountering an issue. Sometimes when I remove the Sharpie from the card, the end-position of the gimmick is not correct which immediately blows the effect (if you have encountered this problem I think you know what I mean). It keeps occurring more often now. It's has now come to the point that it is un-performable

Does anyone recognize this problem?


I been using my personal copy of STC for months now and have not had this problem. Maybe there is a fault with your gimmick. Where did you purchase it?

Regards

Peter


Thanks for your response.

I've sent some more details to you pm-inbox (because they might reveal the secret) as well as a picture of the "broken" gimmick. I've bought my copy of STC at Dynamite Magicshop (The Netherlands).

- Steven
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 09:09, Xcath1 wrote:
Steven70s,
I am sure Peter will fix you up but if your X is sticking you may try removing the pen a little faster. I find it needs a little momentum to always seat properly. It should work even if you remove it slowly but it doesn't always.


I understand what you mean but that is not the problem. I did however experience what you described and also used the same solution. But it wasn't a real problem to me.

With my little situation, when I remove the sharpie faster, the exposure is almost guaranteed. It's not a little off (as in the above situation), but totally off postiition. I'd rather not go in to much detail as it might reveal the secret of the effect.
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 10:48, Libertus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 13:28, Steven70s wrote:
I received my STC 3 days ago and now (since yesterday), after some good rehearsal and a few performances, I'm encountering an issue. Sometimes when I remove the Sharpie from the card, the end-position of the gimmick is not correct which immediately blows the effect (if you have encountered this problem I think you know what I mean). It keeps occurring more often now. It's has now come to the point that it is un-performable

Does anyone recognize this problem?


I get this too.

I might just order another one to see if its just a defect.


I also ordered another copy of the STC. I hope it was just a fault in my gimmick and that this one will last longer. I can't imagine that it broke because of how I handeled it.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?
Kinda of like a "squealing" noise?
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?


I did. It kinda stopped after the first day. Not sure if it stopped because I inserted it in some different way, or because of some form of wearing.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?

Yes, which adds to the effect as far as I'm concerned.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
[quote]On 2013-08-10 19:42, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?

Yes, which adds to the effect as far as I'm concerned. It's not the gimmick, its just the natural sound that would be heard if an object was to melt thru a card.
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 19:42, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?

Yes, which adds to the effect as far as I'm concerned. It's not the gimmick, its just the natural sound that would be heard if an object was to melt thru a card.


Hmmm.. I like the effect way better when there is no sound. It feel really smooth then. I don't think it really matters that much for the spectators reaction.
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
.........Anyone else having trouble playing the DVD on a TV recorder? Mine only plays on a computer.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 06:27, Steven70s wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 19:42, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?

Yes, which adds to the effect as far as I'm concerned. It's not the gimmick, its just the natural sound that would be heard if an object was to melt thru a card.


Hmmm.. I like the effect way better when there is no sound. It feel really smooth then. I don't think it really matters that much for the spectators reaction.


No sounds wouldn't make sense. The pen is penetrating and rubbing the card. Silence would be odd.

Visually STC looks like the card is gobbling up the pen. The noise heard makes the illusion complete.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
The combo pack in Penguin has run out, I think it is due to their new Penguin Five.

Oh, maybe it's OOT or perhaps it is not in particular order, but Peter's name is on the top of their featured pros list. Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4212 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm agreeing up above, the noise it makes going through just adds to the illusion even more.
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 20:20, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 06:27, Steven70s wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 19:42, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 05:13, doriancaudal wrote:
Do you also have this weird/annoying noise when the pen is penetrating the card?

Yes, which adds to the effect as far as I'm concerned. It's not the gimmick, its just the natural sound that would be heard if an object was to melt thru a card.


Hmmm.. I like the effect way better when there is no sound. It feel really smooth then. I don't think it really matters that much for the spectators reaction.


No sounds wouldn't make sense. The pen is penetrating and rubbing the card. Silence would be odd.

Visually STC looks like the card is gobbling up the pen. The noise heard makes the illusion complete.


You make a good point.

For those interested in the Sherpa STC... It's available for pre-order.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Sharpi......red.html
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Hmmm... To me, no noise is more "realistic". Not that I really care one way or the other, though! Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Nardi's Sharpie Through Card (S.T.C) (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL