The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » TPR by Iain Dunford and Dave Moses (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Okay, Mark... that's plenty of time.

Good or bad, tell us, we can take it!

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3565 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Not quite finished it I'm about half way through IAINs half. I love it though, it's a really simple idea, almost obvious when you think about it. Definitely one of those "I wish I'd thought of that" moments. This is definitely something I will use. I'm definitely not good enough at readings to be able to make the most of it yet but it gives me a great excuse to practice my reading skills and of course includes a lot of food for thought in how to improve said readings. I have been looking for a close up Q&A for a while and this fits the bill perfectly. I still plan on writing a full review once I finish the book but my initial thoughts so far is this is money well spent.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Lulu's at it again

FLASHY20 gives 20% off if you're looking to get your hands on TPR... or any other terrific mentalism tome available there-- and there are many!

d
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Profile of dmoses
If you've been waiting for a sale to get your copy here it is:
the Lulu code (until Aug 14) is
TWODAY25
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
Hey. I am curious at to wether this reading system is suitable for a stage (theatre) performances?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hi drew - judging by your posts on here and your site - I would say that TPR is not for you, so please don't buy it...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Drew, it is very suitable for stage work. I use it all the time. But you need solid reading skills or it is pointless.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Drew, it is very suitable for stage work. I use it all the time. But you need solid reading skills or it is pointless.
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
Thank IAN.

Okay so not the best system to learn from when never had done a reading then, Thanks tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hi drew, its more a case that I don't think it would suit you at this present time more than anything else...just trying to be honest with you that's all...
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
Yea that's sweet thanks for letting me know. Could you suggest any good systems as a starting point?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Well, I saw your site and you use derren's disclaimer...so if you are using that for your show and then adding readings into the mix, its a bit of a mixed message you are putting out...

So it depends on how you want to frame what you are doing really...

The psychological route lends itself more towards graphology in my opinion..if you use the search function you'll find plenty of info...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
You will get plenty of resources at www.thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
To bring things back to TPR, it is available here:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90

And there's been a few discounts floating about recently, so check lulu's homepage.

Any further questions about readings in general, please start a fresh thread in the appropriate section. 😃
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
I bought this book a while ago and I've just got round to giving it a read and at the moment I really wished I'd read it earlier.

This is such a simple idea, as the best ones usually are, uses only pen and paper, is always ready to go and has so many variations that you're sure to find a way to put it into your performance, wether it's Q&A or the brilliant idea from Andrew Gerard. The book covers the history of the idea, handling, presentations and excellent suggestions for further reading. It's humorously written and is very easy to read and made me smile and think all the way through.

If the above sounds a bit vague it's because it would be very easy to reveal what the system is but for me it's perfect. I'm fairly new to readings and using TPR has not only given me an unusual way to do the readings but also gives me a guaranteed finish. It's a great way to improve your reading and is a brilliant addition to your arsenal of billet moves.

Highly recommended.
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thank you for the review sir...

at the moment, up to and including the 16t September - SHOP20 - gives you 20% ANY book you can find over at lulu.com...
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3093 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just received this today! you guys are freaking clever!!!!!!!!! (is it freaking a bad words?...well Im Italian so I have excuses!!)
Great job, Iam really impressed, this is really a game changer.
Bravi!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, lucavolpe wrote:
Just received this today! you guys are freaking clever!!!!!!!!! (is it freaking a bad words?...well Im Italian so I have excuses!!)
Great job, Iam really impressed, this is really a game changer.
Bravi!

thank you Luca, really appreciate it...

i do not often say it about stuff I'm involved in, partly cos I don't have that "full-time working pro" status - but, I do always, always, always put in a lot of hard graft, from gigging it when I can, close-up work, small mini-gigs for private parties and so on...and I always try to offer something that's a bit different from the norm - and more often than not, add a little bit of visualness to the proceedings, when appropriate...

i do feel TPR is highly adaptable to just about any presentational angle, and fits in so well with some of the classics of mentalism too... plus its hard to talk about TPR out in the open, when the combo of secrets are (in my view) simplicity at its best...everything works together naturally, logically, and lets you focus on presentation...

it feels very "plug 'n play" - if you are a psychic entertainer, TPR fits...if you are psychologically driven, this works...if you are a mainstream 5 senses to create a 6th...this works...

i don't do corporate, but if you want a quick idea - show the true value of money, give someone a dollar and ask them to write down something tey want that money can't buy - use TPR and reveal to them their train of thought, their hopes and dreams, and finish on the reveal and why they wrote what they did...

make it fit YOUR message...

ALSO! up to and including the 22nd of this month, MATEY25 will get you 25% off!

i truly love meta-ph-oracle, profeign and TPR the most out of the stuff I have created that is my own, the most...
peculiarone
View Profile
Loyal user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
297 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Simply outstanding. And because it is so obvious to those who own the book and TDBT I am not going to even mention how using TPR and 7DS is a match made in Poughkeepsie.

Don't pass this up.

PO
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2186 Posts

Profile of dmoses
It's very gratifying hear that we're still getting people discovering TPR over a year after we published it.

I know Iain and I really struggled with how exactly we were going to describe the contents of the book since the idea is so straight forward.
But if I've learned anything about buying and selling magic over the past few years there's a huge element of trust that's wrapped up in every exchange... and that takes a little time and a lot of word of mouth for me to make a purchasing decision sometimes.

It's great that such a diversity of performers are getting something out of this little idea. And by all means, please let us know of your experiences with TPR

d
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » TPR by Iain Dunford and Dave Moses (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL