We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope with four ends (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Inkluzo
View Profile
New user
Poland
55 Posts

Profile of Inkluzo
Can I find this trick in Tarbell course in magic? If yes, in which volume?
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
You're going to need to give more detail than that for anyone to nail down what you're looking for. For example, Tabaray has in his rope routine a moment where he has a single rope with four ends. I'm sure the concept is older than that, but without a more detailed explanation of the effect you're looking for no one's going to have an exact answer for you.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Inkluzo
View Profile
New user
Poland
55 Posts

Profile of Inkluzo
I'm looking for something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ty8BLxlUuI

Can I make this in home, or I must buy this rope? And can I find this in Tarbell?;)
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of wally
Yep, Its Tabarys rope routine, I do this in my shows, but I start of with a ring and rope,
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
That sure doesn't look like Tabary's routine to me! It looks more like the Four-Ended Rope. No, it's not, as far as I can recall, in Tarbell. Yes, you can mike it yourself.

Murf
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Just google rope with four ends and you can buy a set for less than $5 plus shipping.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
The 4-ended rope, originally known as the one-two-one (1-2-1) rope is gimmicked. Tabary's is not. It is not in Tarbell, but I don't know who originated the trick. You can easily make your own, but it would help to know how the trick works. It seems to have been firmly placed in public domain at this point, i.e., ripped off by everyone. Just buy a cheap set (which are usually sufficiently crappy), so you understand the construction. Then start saving your rope scraps from Cut & Restored or whatever, so you can make your own for no more additional expense than you already have made.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22930 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe U.F. Grant was the 1st manufacturer to make the 1-2-1 Rope Trick.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
You can buy a set here, and (unfortunately) the site also reveals how it is set up. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2027
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2013-06-23 16:49, Trekdad wrote:
You can buy a set here, and (unfortunately) the site also reveals how it is set up. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2027

I think the penguin one is close, but the finale is different in the video clip. ie: multiple knots.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Correct you are Magic Ian! The multiple knots ending is an excellent "clean-up" for this effect and a great finale.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Check Laflin Magic and Randi Rain. They both have them and Laflin has a DVD.

Mark
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Someone had a Randi Rain 4-Ended Rope up for sale just recently in the Tricks area . . . may still be there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope with four ends (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL