The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Match Trick... Does it already exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brannon
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
29 Posts

Profile of Brannon
I believe I have created an effect that is completely original, but would love for someone to tell me if/where they have seen/read of this effect before (if it even exists).

The basics of how the trick goes are below, for those of you interested in reading it. The effect is that a randomly chosen/borrowed match is lit by the performer, and then extinguishes in the performers hands (when the spectator chooses) by means other than blowing air onto it/the air flow in the room.

For those of you interested, the trick would look something like this...

The spectator would pick a match out of a box which the magician would then light. With the lit match in hand, the performer explains to the spectator to count to 3, and on 3, to snap their fingers.

When they snap, the match goes out.

The process is repeated until the spectator accuses the magician of blowing air from their mouth/nostrils on to the match to extinguish it, which then allows the magician to invite the spectator to do whatever they need to do to be certain the spectator is not blowing the match out.
(Ex. tape a piece of paper over the magicians face/place their hand under the performers nose/etc)

The effect is repeated a 3rd time, this time so that the spectator may be 100% certain that the magician extinguished the match by other means.

If you have an effect in mind similar to this, please let me know the name or resource I can find it in!

Thanks,
-Brannon
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Man, this Up in Smoke page is probably the least answered Page on TheMagicCafe.
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
This out published with a finger nail fl***ing method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Match Trick... Does it already exist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL