The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ian Rowland LIVE: Sunday June 30th, @7:00pm Eastern( Penguin LIVE ) ‏ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ian's routines and techniques were refreshing. I'm sure the lecture will be up today for downloading.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
There were some technical issues during the recording, they referenced that during the lecture. Maybe a source if issue?
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 08:44, aukt wrote:
There were some technical issues during the recording, they referenced that during the lecture. Maybe a source if issue?

Again: the trailer is already up. If there is indeed a technical issue, I don't think it's the recorded footage.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Sorry guys! *face slap* we uploaded the file as we normally do, and didn't realize it wasn't up. Something must have happened.

Very large file uploads can be finicky, and we upload files that are even larger than what you download, so it's pretty darn finicky.

We're uploading again as I type this and if all goes well, it should be available in a few hours.

Thanks EVERYONE for supporting LIVE MAGIC!
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
AGAIN - maybe they culled a quick trailer from stuff that had no technical issue. Maybe they're working to fix the issues in the recorded footage before going live.

You'll get it when you get it. No ones dying here.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 09:30, aukt wrote:

You'll get it when you get it. No ones dying here.

Do you work for Penguin because if so that's a pretty awful way to speak to your customers?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I hope its up soon, its already been almost 7 hours since Acar posted.

Waiting to see if it will be up!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
It's Up guys Smile
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
With having to wait a little longer for the download all I can say is this was a fantastic lecture and "Review" was worth the price of admission alone. I will probably add it to my show straight away.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I agree. This is one of the best lectures yet. He's a very good performer.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of Newb2
Was the Lateral Change used in Las Vegas Cut original to Mr. Rowland? Never have seen that color change before and I thought it looked pretty good.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
I'd imagine the lateral change was John Ramsey's.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

so I took a look at the lecture last night fully, and I have to pop in here and write a review for it.

Ian started with DIM EROTIC SIN, and it was a really good effect that blew me away, that I will use at some point.

Ian then did Extraction as well as a type of Inception.

didn't really care much for the Extraction, but the Inception part was great, which he lectured over at Magic Live in 2011.

Review was really great, and something that I can see a lot of people putting into their acts.

The card portion was great, and I especially liked some of the color changes, as well as some of his subtleties.

THETALIA for me was worth the price of the lecture hands down, very fooling, and very great easy method, which I will put into practice soon.

I say buy it, its a good lecture, with lots in it, that you will for sure end up using at least 1-2 pieces from here.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Thanks for all your comments, guys.

Just for the record, the Lateral Colour Change is my own creation.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Having seen Ian at Magic Live in 2011 (the highlight of the convention for me), it was a no-brainer to buy this lecture. I am not disappointed. In the future, I wish he would tip the method for his WOW cards.

-Mark
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Just watched Ian's lecture at Magic Live.

Great stuff!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I truly enjoyed Ian's lecture and in particular his charming and sincere performance style. I have already begun tweaking his delightful "Song and Chance" routine, which was easily worth the price of admission. I also enjoyed the poker demonstation from the card set. Great stuff and one of my favorite Penguin lectures.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
I've downloaded this lecture, and I'm off to France on holiday tomorrow. Seeing how Mr Rowland enjoys travelling, he can take warmth knowing I'll be enjoying his company whilst tucked up in bed in a lovely French farm house.

x
Develin
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Develin
Great stuff!!!
I never liked P...show but now I actually think I maybe was wrong all these years...
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What does song and chance look like from the spectator's perspective? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ian Rowland LIVE: Sunday June 30th, @7:00pm Eastern( Penguin LIVE ) ‏ (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL