The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Trained Doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
J/W if anyone was selling any trained doves/parkeets and how much you are selling them for. I now have five birds and I'd like to end up with ten, but two or three more for now would be fine. Dave thanks for the breeders Smile their first egg just hatched on november 28th and surprisingly it was only the 2nd egg they've laid since I got them from you.

ttyl,
Justin
Newly renovated and ready to be explored:

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I offer trained birds to my students, if you want a price quote PM or email me. YOu never told me what that friend of yours had to say about my act....lemme know, I'm curious dude, Oh-sorry about the other day when you were pming me and I was away and didn't answer-nothing personal. Good Luck!

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Tried to pm you but page can not be displayed keep showing up.

Interested in what trained dove cost. And more info.

email me myork@cox-internet.com

Thanks,
mike
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Justin, when your baby gets it's feathers, I'd be curious to know if you have an all white or a pied like I sold you. I've had them both ways. Just curious
Where the magic begins
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Dave, really?.. even when both parents are pied?

Dan, my friend loved your show man, he thought it was very unique. I'm not sure when he even saw it, I rarely speak to him, his name is Dan Fudim.

mike_york are you saying thta you want trained birds?.. or your offering them?

Thanks guys,
Justin

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Justin,
Oh, yeah I know of Dan Fudim. Glad to hear he liked the act. Good luck with the birds!

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Justin, remember, a pied dove is a mix of brown and white parents somewhere in he chain. The genes are there so you never know. In fact, I've had 2 white birds mate and produce a totally brown bird.
Where the magic begins
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Dave.. wow.. that's awesome. I think its a pied though from I can see, its beige and has some black tips on some of the feathers.. but they are still really short. It looks like a little turkey lol.

Dan where did you hear of Dan Fudim?

Justin

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey Justin,
My first encounter with Dan Fudim was quite a few years back, I'd have to say about four years ago, he came up to me and introduced himself at an SAM Convention and told me he did an illusion show and a dove act and whatnot. Said he liked my act and stuff, I'm not going to go into details here but PM me or email if you want to know the story, basically he wasn't as legit as he would have liked me to think he was and we doin't talk anymore. Infact just recently I had to take care of a few things he was using of mine without permission. I don't want to spread rumors and have this thing get blown way out of proportion so just drop a line and I'll tell you the whole story...

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I want trained birds. Yes that is what I am asking.

Mike
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Pied doves seem to make better parents than the pure white birds. I keep some pied birds and substitute the eggs from white birds in the nests. It does two things for us. The pied birds actually seem to be better parents (perhaps even smarter birds) and I seldom ever use them in a show. So they are more available as breeders. And it gives me two new eggs about every two weeks from the breeding pairs of white doves without taking them out of service. It does require that you keep a lot of doves to cover the “timing” problems. We keep about a hundred.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
WOOOOWW.. 100 birds?.. That sounds like fun.. lol

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I’m not convinced that pied birds are the same as whites crossed with ring necks. Pieds have a distinct spotting pattern and black eyes. In my three decades of experience with them, they only produce solid or spotted offspring. If the offspring is white, it may also have black (much darker than the normal red) eyes. They are also larger than most white Java doves.

When ring necks are crossed to anything else the convention has been to get solid colored birds (solid areas of color rather than distinct spots). These birds usually are fawn in color and have a different tail shape from the Java or pied doves. They are much more suited for flying than are the Java doves. Whole feathers in the tails will be totally white or totally dark. A white edge on the tail feathers is also common, as is the black ring on the back of the neck.

Justin,

You don't want my feed bill!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bob: I'm not a geneticist and I could be wrong about the pied birds however, mine are just as you described. Distinct spots and dark eyes and fawn colored. Over the years, I've raised and sold many birds and really don't have an exact birth trail anymore. Just never really kept track. I have brown ringnecks, white java's and the ones I call pied. Most are related in one way or another. They are larger than most other birds and are much more difficult to train. They have a very strong will.
I hadn't mentioned it before but one of my male breeders actually came from you several years ago. He's a fine specimen of a bird.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thanks Dave. I'm glad you're happy with him. I hope I didn't embarrass the bird. (I tried to use a screen name.)

If the bird came from me, I'm sure it is hard to train. Lucy has had a hard time training me. She says it's something about strong willed? Perhaps it's just the bird brain. They are so small until sometimes I think their real purpose is to keep the eyes from touching each other inside.

Jokes aside, pieds, I believe, are simply superior to the Java doves. You will also note that they develope faster. (Sometimes too fast to get trained as babies.) The problem is that they all look different. Magicians need them that all look alike for transpositions etc. I like to use them whenever I can. Of course, they come from spotted silks.

I moved from Montgomery to Valley Grande about four years ago. So you have really had those birds a good while. The data base was lost (thanks to AOL) so I don't have the shipping information anymore to get a date. Many of the other babies for that period went to theme parks like Six Flags. Others went to Oklahoma, KC, Atlanta, Chicago, Atlantic City, and Hawaii. So some of his nest buddies are still in show business all over the world.

It's a small world. This fall I got to see Dan perform and lecture in Daytona and I was very impressed with him. Justin and I have chatted some recently about doves and square circles. So if I ever get to meet Mike, I'll know all of you. (Boy, that could be dangerous!)

Keep me posted and enjoy your birds.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
LOL well we are dangerious creatures.

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yeah you guys are all strange

...but I'm much, much stranger Smile

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
JustinDavid
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of JustinDavid
Really Dan?.. maybe I should send you all my promo tape when I'm not on my medicine. Smile

www.JustinDavidMagic.com
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
In a follow up about Dan Fudim ...

I too was involved with this, and would be willing to talk with you more through PM if you would like. I will say publicly however to be cautious around Dan Fudim, and for reasons which will go unlisted here, he should not be given your repect or trust. PM me for more.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Trained Doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL