The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kandu's Knot Funny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I saw a demo of this at hocus-pocus.com

Does anyone have a review on it? It looks pretty good.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I use it as my closer in my birthday show. I really like it. My only complaint is that the hinge on the box is literally red duct tape. So, it's starting to show some wear (I've been using it about 6 months.)
Edd

Visit the Wizard of Sorts at http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
MAGICBYTIM
View Profile
Special user
Louisiana
531 Posts

Profile of MAGICBYTIM
I bought it and have not yet learned the routine. I am trying to come up with a way to do the sound effects on my own.

wizardofsorts
Do you use sound effects? If so how do you do it?
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Perhaps utilizing an ankle swith via the Showtech would allow for sound effects without the need of a helper.
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
I LOVE this effect. I bought it last year and I enjoy performing this effect as much as the audiences do in my shows. It has audience participation. It plays heavily on things not going quite right for the magician, which works really well. It has built in misdirection which leads into a great finish.

I have this and the Kandu Cray Carton (another killer) and am looking forward to their new release which is due out some time now.

Cliff
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I don't do the sound effects. I find that the audience enjoys it just as much. Mini tech or show tech would be the answer to this problem but it's a little out of my price range right now.
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
I do this effect to circus music and use it to do the professor's nightmare! That way the music livens it up.
As I put on a clown nose and do all the gags and in the end... stretch the ropes.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Can someone tell me where to find this routine, perhaps a link?

I looked on Hocus Pocus and could not find it on their web site.

Thanks
Ken Scott
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
I have just checked and it doesn't appear on their site anymore - strange! I'll e-mail hocus pocus and let you know?

Cliff

Just got a response from Hocus Pocus (fast as ever!!) Paul says that they have sold out of Knot Funny and it won't be available until Feb 2004. They will also have the new Kandu material then too.

Cliff
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello All,

This is one of my best/favorite tricks to do. I got it 2 years ago and I have used it from birthday parties to stage shows. I dropped the bit in the beginning with the flying rope. I found it was tighter with out it. I have never used the sound effects as seen on the tape as I don't have a musician with me. My only complaint is this is a very badly made prop. I have had to rebuild it more often than I care to remember. The box is taped together with duct tape (red but still duct tape).
I am sorry to say I am going to place it on the shelf at the end of the year. This is not due to any other reason than I am doing more and more repeat bookings and the routine plays better as a surprise effect. I will miss this routine a lot. It has brought a lot of laughs, smiles and gasps. If you take the time to make this routine you own it will be one of the highlights of your shows.
For my style of magic it has it all. It is funny, belly laugh funny for kids. It is a great use of the magician out of control/magician in trouble syndrome. It has a great Magical climax (the wow factor). In my routine it makes my helpers and the audience the stars and wonder workers, and it packs small and plays big. All in all a great value.

If any one is interested I will be happy to share my version of the routine.

All the best

Mr. Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
Can someone explain the effect please?
Phillip
Mr Phil
View Profile
Regular user
Tilton, New Hampshire
160 Posts

Profile of Mr Phil
Hello all,

Philip I will e-mail you the effect later this week.

For the rest of you nice enough to ask for my routine, I am flattered. I am in the process of putting it on paper. It is kind of busy, so it may take a little time.

Thanks for your interest.

Mr. Phil
Mr. Phil & Co. Quality Family Entertainment, Guaranteed! (603) 286-3029 WWW.mrphilandco.com Snail Mail to: P.O. Box 31 Tilton, NH 03276
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2003-12-03 23:06, wizardofsorts wrote:
I use it as my closer in my birthday show. I really like it. My only complaint is that the hinge on the box is literally red duct tape. So, it's starting to show some wear (I've been using it about 6 months.)
Edd

Visit the Wizard of Sorts at http://www.wizardofsorts.com

I saw your post about the tape problem. I too had that problem from over use. Also the rope gets dirty after a while.
I replace the tape with floor tape. This is used to mark warehouse floors. They are hardy and last a long time.
The two square pieces at the front keeps falling off, because the brass tak is not that strong. I replace the tak with press-studs. These are the long ones sold in Fabric stores. They will hold the squares forever.
If you need some I can mail them to you.
Richard "Tricky Ricky"
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I got Kanus's Knot Funny about a 2 months ago.
The tape was off/loose.
I had to rework most of the tape connections with black gaffers tape.
Now the prop is 100%.
I didn't mind doing this because it is a GREAT piece of kids magic.
As far as I'm concerned it "A" material for kids show's!

Also changed the colors of the ropes to yellow. It shows up better and add's a litte more splash of color to my show.

Also have Kanud's Crazy Karton. I can't say enough good things about this prop either. But I think Know Funny is a little bit ahead of it.

Hocus-Pocus sell both items. But is out of stock right now.

But if your reading this and you don't' have these props?, I would check Hocus-Pocus every day and as soon as they come in....Order it!!!!

I don't get kick back from Houcus-Pocus. I always get great customer service from them.

~Good Luck~

PS. I wish The Magic Café had spell check!
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kandu's Knot Funny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL