The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where can I buy flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
I need like one single flower for my manipulation.

Wondering where I can get one.

Thanks.
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
297 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Have you tried... a flower shop?
Just a thought.
Nathan Tricky Allen
http://AdultsOnlyMagic.com
gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 01:07, T. Durden wrote:
Have you tried... a flower shop?
Just a thought.

I sort of did but I am looking for fake one so it will last longer. Though there will be some better design one with thin stem and easier to hide.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Any dollar store has fake flowers
but if you want a better selection go to AC more or Michaels or any craft shop they have a ton of options

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7544 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You can buy the silk ones but you need to take them apart and remake them taking out all the hard plastic. Not a hard job but takes a knack and some time.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you want to try a feather flower made for magic purposes by some expert craftsman. Contact Richard Hughes, Minus Magic, or Abbott's Magic Co. to make you one. I believe all make a single flower version. If you want to conceal it in your hands, then you may inquire if they can make such a small flower as most are larger then your hands.

Rocco the magician sells his flower he uses in his manipulation act.

http://legendarymagictricks.com/magic-tr......ick.html
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 00:03, gchen99 wrote:

Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do with the flower? (have it appear, float it, comedy, etc). Are you planning to do the routine on stage or close-up? Would you like it to come from your sleeve? What is your maximum budget? The reason I ask those questions is because there are many type of flowers you can purchase. By answering my questions will help narrow it down.
gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
Quote:
On 2013-06-28 01:12, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 00:03, gchen99 wrote:

Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do with the flower? (have it appear, float it, comedy, etc). Are you planning to do the routine on stage or close-up? Would you like it to come from your sleeve? What is your maximum budget? The reason I ask those questions is because there are many type of flowers you can purchase. By answering my questions will help narrow it down.

Just a simple one. for the stage manipulation. Was watching Lukas Artist and he use some of the flower in his routine card manipulation.
I need to have it appear after I drop the cards that I produce.
I would like to keep it cheap cause I am not really a professional. Just for the fun of doing the magic.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I'll look into them.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7544 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You do not want to do manipulation with a feather flower. They will not hold up. They are fine for production but not manipulation.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to try Flower Power: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12916 But it must be used as an opener.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Gchen99, I recommend you to get Endless rose. It is a package where you get a dvd explaining a small routine, and then cople of flowers, 4-8, I don't remember. those flowers are easy to conceal.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I don't have the Artist videos yet, still saving my money for them, so I have no idea how it would work. I can tell you they have an appearing flower (Carnation) and an Appearing Rose on the market. It looks great when it is tossed up in the air and an a full long stem rose appears as you catch it.

Strange you spend $100 on a DVD and do not want to spend $20 for a rose, that just caught my reasoning as unusual thinking. With that in mind just go to a hobby store and get an imitation flower that you like the looks of and work with it.

There is not much on Flower magic in print or on DVD, I think all the selections from magic resources have been mentioned of the flowers available.
casibb3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of casibb3
There is a small magic shop in New Jersey; they have downloads (booklets) re converting artificial flowers to spring flowers. Many of them are extremely lifelike.
'Would appreciate if anyone here has the name and address of the company. I had it but lost the reference.
gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
Wow thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll look into them.

Today I went to Micheals but most of their flowers come in bushes not single lol.
gchen99
View Profile
New user
Burnaby BC
34 Posts

Profile of gchen99
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 00:06, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I don't have the Artist videos yet, still saving my money for them, so I have no idea how it would work. I can tell you they have an appearing flower (Carnation) and an Appearing Rose on the market. It looks great when it is tossed up in the air and an a full long stem rose appears as you catch it.

Strange you spend $100 on a DVD and do not want to spend $20 for a rose, that just caught my reasoning as unusual thinking. With that in mind just go to a hobby store and get an imitation flower that you like the looks of and work with it.

There is not much on Flower magic in print or on DVD, I think all the selections from magic resources have been mentioned of the flowers available.

Lol I was really into card manipulation and kind of want to learn the ball too.
The one he use in the routine is just pretty simple flower with very skinny stem.

I don't mind spending 20 for the flower but not sure if it suits my need. (ok, I am kind of cheap too I admit it lol)
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
You can make your own flower! Origami! Just make the flower from strong paper/silk and then make a stem.

RJH
casibb3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of casibb3
For those interested in spring flowers, I locate4d the link re the conversion of plastic and silk flowers to spring-type flowers.
magicnook.com is the reference. They have downloadable e-books, one in particular, FLOWERS THAT BLOOM WITH A SPRING.
Hope this helps.
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
Magic Nook has a lot of great stuff for anyone that wants to "do it there self".
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where can I buy flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL