The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » R.I.P. Amos Levkovitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
It is being posted on Facebook that Amos Levkovitch has died from lung cancer. Sad to hear. He had a great dove act.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
It is sad. He was a giving and funny man. At The Workshop in 97, he gave a lecture on doves. When he opened the floor to questions, I told him about one of my doves that would sit under the others and not move when they "did their business." Thinking it was a specific condition for birds, I asked him what that was called. Without missing a beat, and with a completely straight face, he said, "A screwed up bird."

His dove act brought down the house at the gala show, just as it did when I saw him perform at the Magic Castle. A true professional, he willingly shared what he knew with anyone who asked.
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
trickynick
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of trickynick
Amos was such a gem, both as performer and person....
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I have known Amos many years and he was always a kind, sweet gentlemen and a great friend.
RIP Amos! You'll be missed by many!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Very, very sad. R.I.P. Amos.

:(
Mister Mystery
juliusfrack
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of juliusfrack
He was a great colleague and was very wise in a very practical way, we'll miss him a lot!!!

Hera a three stories about Amos:

At the end of his lecture a young magician asked him: "Thanks for everything, that was really interesting, but what would you say should I generally do to become a better magician?" His answer was as wise as practical: "Be a nice guy!"

Another story was this: In a gala show a thread got entangled in the foot of a dove, after a first try to solve the problem he gave a sign to the music operator to stop the music. The music man immediately understood and stopped it. Amos took all the time he needed to free his dove gave sign to the music operator to start the music again and continued the show with an extra applause from the audience. After the show I said to him: "That was amazing, how is it possible that the music operator understood your sign immediately?" And he said: "I keep telling the music operators to stop the music with this sign in case sth. happens for ten years now, today it was the first time I needed it."

The last story may not be true, but it's funny anyway. It is said that Amos was on a cruise ship coming to Australia and he was to fly home from there but the port authorities didn't let him enter the country with his doves. He asked if he could do with them whatever he liked as long as he was on the boat. They confirmed that it was so. So he let them free, walked over the gangway, passed the authorities, stood at the pier an waved. All his doves flew back to him and sat on his arm, he put them in their cage and happily flew home with them.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 03:13, juliusfrack wrote:

The last story may not be true, but it's funny anyway. It is said that Amos was on a cruise ship coming to Australia and he was to fly home from there but the port authorities didn't let him enter the country with his doves. He asked if he could do with them whatever he liked as long as he was on the boat. They confirmed that it was so. So he let them free, walked over the gangway, passed the authorities, stood at the pier an waved. All his doves flew back to him and sat on his arm, he put them in their cage and happily flew home with them.

This could be possible with his doves and if it was true, I like to see the reaction on the customs' faces Smile Could be priceless!!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am so sad it happened.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
I was away on shows and just heard. I am very sorry. I never met Amos or saw him live; it was only through you tube. For that I am sad. But I could tell from what I saw that he was a great performer who cared about his birds and his performance. RIP Amos Levkovitch.

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Amos was so kind and helpful to me when I made my first foray into CA magic, long ago. At the time, he had all the prestige one would wish for back in his own country. But, he wanted to perform and compete in the USA market, because it would not be as easy, it would challenge him and it would make him a better magician. I was inspired by that, and I appreciated his help, too. I am sorry to hear of his passing.
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Does anyone happen to know how old Amos was?
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » R.I.P. Amos Levkovitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL