The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IBalance by Mark Eldson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Good Stuff Rick!
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Great video Rick! I ordered iBalance last week and it just arrived today. As suggested I watched the entire video before using the gimmick. Fortunately I have a couple of extra smartphones that I do not use as my primary (development phones). So I tried it with my Galaxy S2. I had a little trouble attaching the gimmick but as I continued to play around with it it became easier and easier. I began balancing my phone almost immediately. The removal of the gimmick was easier.

I was a little disappointed that the DVD did not cover ways of ditching gimmick. It makes it very difficult to continue with other effects after performing iBalance. I would love to hear what other owners of this effect plan to do after performing the effect.

I like the idea of refills. It's such a tiny gimmick and is susceptible to breakage (apart from normal handling) that I would love to buy more than one. I wonder how difficult it would be to create one at home.

For the same reason I don't perform with other people's rings, I wouldn't perform this with other people's phone.

Overall, I like the effect. Although it makes for a perfect opener, it may be difficult to perform most other effects afterwards.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-26 22:24, eddierush wrote:
Great video Rick! I ordered iBalance last week and it just arrived today. As suggested I watched the entire video before using the gimmick. Fortunately I have a couple of extra smartphones that I do not use as my primary (development phones). So I tried it with my Galaxy S2. I had a little trouble attaching the gimmick but as I continued to play around with it it became easier and easier. I began balancing my phone almost immediately. The removal of the gimmick was easier.

I was a little disappointed that the DVD did not cover ways of ditching gimmick. It makes it very difficult to continue with other effects after performing iBalance. I would love to hear what other owners of this effect plan to do after performing the effect.

I like the idea of refills. It's such a tiny gimmick and is susceptible to breakage (apart from normal handling) that I would love to buy more than one. I wonder how difficult it would be to create one at home.

For the same reason I don't perform with other people's rings, I wouldn't perform this with other people's phone.

Overall, I like the effect. Although it makes for a perfect opener, it may be difficult to perform most other effects afterwards.


Glad you enjoyed the vid! As for the DVD: I confess to not watching it. And as for ditching....I recommend not doing it right away. It's so small...I'd just keep it around and talk at the audience and go into your next trick, then lose it during an offbeat. Hope that helps!
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of VMagical
How are people storing the gimmick? It's so small I'm afraid I might lose it!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1683 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
This was one of my presents today and love it!

Oh and Merry Christmas
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1683 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2013-12-25 05:25, reignofsound wrote:
This was one of my presents today and love it!

Oh and Merry Christmas


For iPhone 5 I think it is better to use the right hand
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I just got this and figured I would probably have to use it with my old iPhone and not my new HUGE Note 3. BUT! I tried it with my Note 3 and no problems at all, even with the case on. I think that's even more impressive given the size of the Note 3 hanging out over my finger. I've got pretty good sized fingers, (I wear a size 11.5 wedding ring), and it fits me fine. Seems sturdy also. I would expect it to last pretty well with reasonable care. I too would like some ideas on storage and ditching. I don't see a way to really put it on or take it off without using both hands so not really easy to get into and out of in front of the audience.
Cotham
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Cotham
Many people I know have Mophie chargers on their phones and this does not work well with phones in heavy charger type cases. In my opinion this is not a worker.
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
I purchased mine from Penguin. If something does happen to the gimmick within the year, am I still covered under the 1 year protection? If so who would I contact? Penguin or Elmwood? I love the thing so far but just a question.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
669 Posts

Profile of dman11
Mine came with a return form in the package. Just follow the instruction on that.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of rasp
Is this the same effect that is in the Penguin lecture?
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Has anyone come up with a good method to ditch the gimmick after you are done?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1683 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 07:16, surryhills wrote:
Has anyone come up with a good method to ditch the gimmick after you are done?


No, but I just clip it behind my fingers so I can show my hands empty
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1153 Posts

Profile of Salby
.
Suppose if the gimmick breaks and still in the borrowed phone???

Anyway to remove it? What do you tell the spectator??
.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1578 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It would have to break completely for it to be a problem, which is highly unlikely. If one side breaks, the gimmick can still be removed, you'd just need a stronger grip. If in the highly unlikely case that the gimmick breaks completely, it could still be removed rather easily with the right tool. The nature of the gimmick makes a complete breakage almost impossible to achieve, so I don't worry about that really happening.


Quote:
On 2014-02-09 16:29, Salby wrote:
.
Suppose if the gimmick breaks and still in the borrowed phone???

Anyway to remove it? What do you tell the spectator??
.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
Why is this unavailable everywhere? Will it become available again?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IBalance by Mark Eldson (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL