The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » OK, scratch the "modest" part on Facebook leaks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15768 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tommy
That valuable piece of information and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. You can find my phone number and email address from hundreds of sources.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Al, a phone number and an email address cal be valuable to the wrong people.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4755 Posts

Profile of landmark
Glenn Greenwald just reported that an internal December 2012 NSA memo congratulates the agency on hitting the one trillion mark in collection of email metadata.

I guess the NSA had a few oopses in there also.

See here for that and much more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......J8&t=38m
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tommy
I think I understand it now. The place where everybody tells you what they had for breakfast this morning is now revealing to our government that I prefer cheerios to corn flakes in the morning. I feel so naked now. Oh yes BTW Tommy I eat my cheerios with reduced fat milk too.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15768 Posts

Profile of tommy
Al, if you prefer cheerios to corn flakes it 's only because they gave you that preference and your topics, which you will talk about tomorrow, will be given to you today. From your feedback they can see what they are doing is working. You love big brother and now you know why. Because they have your number is why. All is number.

When we want your opinion we will ask Big Brother. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-06-29 14:35, Al Angello wrote:
Tommy
I think I understand it now. The place where everybody tells you what they had for breakfast this morning is now revealing to our government that I prefer cheerios to corn flakes in the morning. I feel so naked now. Oh yes BTW Tommy I eat my cheerios with reduced fat milk too.

Nope they don't need that place. If you shop at any store that has a member card of any kind and gives you discounts for using it all of your purchases are on file.

They not only know what brand of cereal you like. They also know how often you purchase it and therefore can tell you at what rate you consume it and when you will be ready to purchase it again. Same goes for the milk they know whether youi use skim, 2% or regular.

If you use a pharmacy that has a discount card such as CVS all of your info is in there system. Not only of the prescription drugs you use but anything over the counter you purchase, and most of this information is for sale.

By the way if as mentioned earlier in this post if you shop a grocery store that has a membership card of any sort did you ever notice the coupons printed on your receipt are what you have purchased in the past. They give you coupons on your receipt of items that you have a history of purchasing. I guess that is not necessarily a bad thing but, just saying Oh yeah there is a lot of info out there on us that we give away freely every day, that can be gathered, and sold.

With all of this information they can put together quite a profile on you. How expensive are your tastes. Do you buy fish during lent (are you catholic and do you fast during lent)? Do you buy more minced ham or steak? Do you smoke and how much do you smoke, and what kind of cigarettes do you smoke? The list goes on and on. As I said when someone wants to gather a lot of info on you they can and what they can tell from it is amazing.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4755 Posts

Profile of landmark
The collecting and the storage of massive amounts of the private information of massive numbers of people by the government is in itself abuse. See the Bill of Rights, 4th amendment. The government does not need to violate your First amendment rights as well (by say, using the information to intimidate your subsequent speech) in order for it to be a criminal violation of the Constitution. Period.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » OK, scratch the "modest" part on Facebook leaks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL