The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Blaine hand through window????? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of wizz
Hi there,
I saw, as many of you probably have, Blaine appear to put his hand through a glass window. This has stuck in my mind. Please does any body know anything about this or is it another cheeky piece of film editing? thanks wizz Smile
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
The Magic Café is not an exposure board, so it is generally considered "bad form" to ask for an explanation of the method behind specific illusions or tricks.
Also, it is unlikely that anyone working with David Blaine (and these would be the only people who know with absolute certainty exactly how it was done) would provide you an explanation.
That being said, my guess is that many young magicians have played with a simple magic prop found in lots of beginner's magic sets which uses the same principle Blaine most likely used to achieve the illusion. Smile
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Without giving anything away...the effect didn't use camera trickery, but by the same token...you wouldn't be able to duplicate this effect on Main Street, USA either.

This effect has been discussed in the "secret" areas of the Café, which you will have access to after 50 legitimate posts. Good luck, and welcome to The Magic Café, wizz..
Coram Deo
illusionfreak
View Profile
New user
Michigan
18 Posts

Profile of illusionfreak
Think card through window penetration...or basically any penetration like man through mirror
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
That's exactly what I was thinking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Blaine hand through window????? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL