The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor's Edge (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
As one of the first pledgers, I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

will it ever happen?

morgan sent it twice but I never received anything.

i'm really pi...d off to be honest.

has anyone in switzerland or germany
received it yet?

thanks
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
There has been problems with people actually getting their order?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
Mine arrived a few weeks ago - had to pick it up at customs though! Maybe yours is still stuck at Swiss customs?
To infinity, and beyond!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'd like to find out if there is a consistent problem with people getting their order. If there is, I'll forget about putting in an order.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I had a problem, but Morgan was cool enough to send another one and I got it.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2014, daffydoug wrote:
I'd like to find out if there is a consistent problem with people getting their order. If there is, I'll forget about putting in an order.

You can get it from Penguin.

No problems there!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Amen! Penguin is the BEST!
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
51 Posts

Profile of depeka
Do I have to start with closed hand and just tell them I have a razor blade, or can it be shown before doing it? Because I think if the spectator see the razorblade with the rope before I close the hand, it makes a more dangerous feeling. Is there a routine for this on the DVD?
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Small set up is required. There is a way to show the razor blade before the routine but is not taught on the DVD but once you get the basic version down its obvious how you could accomplish showing the blade ahead of time.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
magicianphiltay
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham / UK
118 Posts

Profile of magicianphiltay
Not being funny but shouldn't the method for the switch be showed on the DVD? In my opinion that's just poor to show a live click and not to include in the explanations!!! I tried to message Morgan but know reply -
Magic is not the suspension of reality, but the expansion of possibility, inviting us to question the limits of what we believe to be true.
magicianphiltay
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham / UK
118 Posts

Profile of magicianphiltay
Not being funny but shouldn't the method for the switch be showed on the DVD? In my opinion that's just poor to show a live click and not to include in the explanations!!! I tried to message Morgan but know reply -
Magic is not the suspension of reality, but the expansion of possibility, inviting us to question the limits of what we believe to be true.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You just ingeminated yourself. You just ingeminated yourself.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, magicianphiltay wrote:

No Morgan does not usually perform a method with a switch. In his version he does not tell you what he has in his hand as you are pulling out the strings until there are only a couple left. He does do a version with a switch in the demo but that it is not a move he literally just switches the blades as he turns around. Most of the time he just starts with the blade already threaded with the shoestrings already palmed in his hand. Threading the shoestrings is a pain in the butt and would take up valuable show time as you were trying to do something so menial.

He does explain everything you need to perform this but if you want to a version where you thread and tie strings in front of your spectator than you can do that but I wouldn't recommend it.

Addendum: if you want to show the blade threaded with one string tied to it you could with no switching whatsoever. You would just have to watch your angles but this looks so legit you could easily show it before, but again I wouldn't recommend it.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
51 Posts

Profile of depeka
I don't think it needs an explanation on how to do the switch he does in the live performance on the DVD. That's like "Tell me how much is 1+1", I think its not necessary to show. I just would see this as an idea what is also possible.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Anybody here who has been using this in their show and could tell me the kind of audience reactions you are receiving?
Paul_Rheaume
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Paul_Rheaume
Anybody know where I can get this trick? cant find a dealer that has it in stock. Attempts to get it from Morgan have not ben successful (he is ubder the weather and/or too busy), I don't believe in buying one of the Chinese knock off copies. anybody want to sell theirs?
this looks like a great trick. don't want to reinvent the wheel!
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I would suggest that you post a message in the DVD for sale section to see if anyone wants to sell.
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Why would you want to show the string with a blade on it before you have them pick a string? Isn’t the whole point that they don’t know which string has the razor blade on it?
aLittleMentalist
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Razor's Edge (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL