The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel in my home town (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Just heard Criss Angel will be doing a big elephant vanish in Springfield Mo today. I think I will head downtown and get a seat and see this in person.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Great, tell us how it goes yah? Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
What a waste of time. Got to the arena an hour and a half early and waited in line for an hour. There was a line to sign a consent form. When we got to the front of the line I realized they had no forms ready so a girl was running off somewhere printing them 10 at a time. the group in front of us got in but we were sent away. The arena seats 11,000 but I don't think more than a few hundred got a seat. Somebody should be more considerate of the audience.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Ouch.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Typical CHRISSS.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Too funny ... you would think they would have this kind of stuff figured out by now.

I did get a laugh though ...

Steve
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-07-01 15:04, gimpy2 wrote:
What a waste of time. Got to the arena an hour and a half early and waited in line for an hour. There was a line to sign a consent form. When we got to the front of the line I realized they had no forms ready so a girl was running off somewhere printing them 10 at a time. the group in front of us got in but we were sent away. The arena seats 11,000 but I don't think more than a few hundred got a seat. Somebody should be more considerate of the audience.

Feel for ya' bro...

Just when I wanted to give Criss the benefit of the doubt.

You can always get too big that you lose sight of it all, Criss.

Sad really, I was a fan once, before the TV Shows. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
296 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
I can't believe I'm writing the following words, but...
In Criss' defense...
I very much doubt that he has anything to do with the release forms. That was almost certainly a mistake on the part of the TV show production company...
Unless he and is team are producing it...
in which case...
*shrugs*
a.k.a. Nathan Allen
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
The forms were being delivered by people with Criss A. staff shirts. When they ran out of forms the Angel people vanished and left the arena staff to deal with the angry mob.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I came across an old magazine, published back in 1998 that had an interview with Cris Angel in it. It had this rather interesting quote

Quote:
In 1998 in Carpe Noctem Magazine Cris angel was quoted:

"Magic has not kept up with technology. The way it's presented and perceived is a total cliché. It doesn't garner the respect music, theatre or the cinema has. I think part of the reason is most magicians are a hybrid of each other. They all think like magicians and it seems there are very few outside influences in their creative process. We're heading into a new millennium and most magicians are performing the same mundane shove-the-girl-in-the-box trick with their hokey presentations, corny jokes and bland pre-recorded music. And the sad thing is that they think it's the "New Wave of Magic"

Interesting that someone with his vision and resources ended up presenting the very type of show that he himself had railed against.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 15:37, Payne wrote:
I came across an old magazine, published back in 1998 that had an interview with Cris Angel in it. It had this rather interesting quote

Interesting that someone with his vision and resources ended up presenting the very type of show that he himself had railed against.

If you go back a few more years you will find that he went on national TV and exposed the thin model sawing. So there is contradiction all over the place with him.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
447 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 15:54, BRodgers wrote:
Quote:

If you go back a few more years you will find that he went on national TV and exposed the thin model sawing. So there is contradiction all over the place with him.

I remember that, but wasn't that the show where Criss performed but refused to expose the thin model, so they found another guy to expose it?
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Quote:
On 2013-07-03 07:51, freefallillusion1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 15:54, BRodgers wrote:
Quote:

I remember that, but wasn't that the show where Criss performed but refused to expose the thin model, so they found another guy to expose it?

Yes, that's the show. They did get "another" guy to expose it. It is however still Chris in a mask. Its own thread is here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=36&0
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Turns out that the folks who stood in line had a very long day ahead of them. After waiting in line for hours to sign a release form the crowd was told the show was not being done in the arena but rather at the football field on the other side of MSU campus. The crowd rushed to the field where they stood in line once again for several hours. The vanish was performed at 5pm a full 3 1/2 hours late. It was reported that only a hand full of those who waited all day got to see anything. I am so glad I left before wasting the whole day.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Criss Angle and Nathan Burton were going to come to my show in Branson that very night.
They came into Spingfield in the morning of that Monday and texted me to see what time my night show was.

We are closed on Monday nights. Otherwise we do 12 shows a week.

Any day but Monday..

I would have like to have had them at my show.

I have known Nathan for years and he has always been a great guy..

Criss Angel at a Branson show would have been cool...

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel in my home town (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL