The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you believe in ghosts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1106 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Belief in ghosts, religion & anything else that hints at some kind of afterlife is all in the same ball park.

We all know we are are going to die. I believe we're the only species that can appreciate that concept. And the way people deal with it is by convincing themselves that life will continue in some way after the body dies.

Well, whatever gets you through the day is fine I guess. I'm happy to believe in none of it & just enjoy each day as it comes along.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27134 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 12:43, silverking wrote:
Two questions really, "are their ghosts", and "do you believe in ghosts".

I believe every choice and every unresolved conflict creates its ghosts. As to whether such "what if" considerations have reality for others and are experienced as sensations by others - no idea.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-07-15 04:43, Russell Davidson wrote:
Belief in ghosts, religion & anything else that hints at some kind of afterlife is all in the same ball park.

We all know we are are going to die. I believe we're the only species that can appreciate that concept. And the way people deal with it is by convincing themselves that life will continue in some way after the body dies.

Well, whatever gets you through the day is fine I guess. I'm happy to believe in none of it & just enjoy each day as it comes along.

A belief in ghosts doesn't necessarily mean a belief in the hereafter. Many consider "ghosts" to be "psychic imprints" rather than actual beings. (Not that there's any real evidence of psychic imprint hauntings- just pointing out that doesn't require the belief in an afterlife.)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Who you gonna call?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 12:38, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Who you gonna call?

Mummy ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you believe in ghosts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL