The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I know this topic is locked, but I thought we could start a new thread here. This thread makes fascinating reading after all these years. Check it out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=17

Here is a video of me doing this that was produced since the original thread. Just so you know, this illusion is not for sale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......Xi09yOwY
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks for the video Roger. You are outstanding.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Where can the Cloth of Invisibility be purchased? Do you have a link? Thanks.

-Paul
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
I really enjoyed that! It's not often that you can captivate kids attention that long without any interaction, but this routine took them on a fantasy ride.

Why is this not for sale?

- Gary
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2013-07-03 09:03, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Where can the Cloth of Invisibility be purchased? Do you have a link? Thanks.

-Paul

Paul/Gary,

I don’t know if JR is able to post anymore. So, I have a quote from him here that answers your question:
Quote:
On 2013-06-30 08:51, Jolly Roger wrote:
COI is, in my opinion, the greatest small illusion ever. It is basically a ghostly kind of levitation. You stand on a stool, hold a cloth in front of you, and rise several inches in the air. It looks amazing! I do it at every show and birthday party. It is written up in my Blackpool lecture notes, which I had re-printed by popular demand, so they can still be purchased. It will also be revealed on my DVD which comes out in August.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
If that is on the dvd I look forward to it coming out in August. Thanks.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
[quote]On 2013-07-03 11:06, Ken Northridge wrote: Paul/Gary,

I don’t know if JR is able to post anymore. So, I have a quote from him here that answers your question:
Quote:
Ken, he just posted that on June 03. I believe he may be back on the Café.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Thanks for the additional info.

Well hopefully his DVD will rise to the occasion, but it sounds like it's up in the air at the moment! Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
You can still buy his lecture notes, I believe. Contact him at his website.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Both JR's Levitation and Spellbinder's "Vampire Levitation" from The Wizards' Journal #17 are based on ideas by UF Grant, circa 1965. The difference between them is mainly a matter of presentation.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
The lecture notes are about half way down on the left hand side of this link: http://www.comicmagician.com/page_childrens_products.html

JR
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Roger,

Since the actual item isn't for sale, I'm not clear about how the lecture notes will help me. Can you please provide clarification? Maybe the lecture reveals the methodology, but I'm not a handyman so I wouldn't want to further frustrate myself by learning something I can't easily construct or acquire.

Gary
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Looks a lot like the Thing from Bill Abbott. Am I missing something?
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Yes, you obviously did not watch the entire video. Roger begins by levitating 'the thing,' then levitating a table and finally levitating himself (COI). I think it a very logical and magical routine.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 10:07, gmsmagic1 wrote:
Roger,

Since the actual item isn't for sale, I'm not clear about how the lecture notes will help me. Can you please provide clarification? Maybe the lecture reveals the methodology, but I'm not a handyman so I wouldn't want to further frustrate myself by learning something I can't easily construct or acquire.

Gary

Hello Gary,

The lecture notes were written for my lecture at Blackpool, England, a few years ago. They briefly tell you how to construct the COI, and when you know the secret, you will realize it is very simple to make up. Remember, they were notes to accompany the lecture. I can assure you that I am the world's worst handyman!!! The notes also have lots of other useful information for the children's entertainer, and are now combined with my Kapital Kidvention lecture notes.

Having said this, my "Merry Mayhem and Magic" DVD will be released at Kidabra in August, and should be available on line after that event.......if you don't mind waiting a few weeks. The DVD will, amongst other things, include full explanation of COI, as well as the option of floating 20 feet in the air if the ceiling of the room is high enough. Let me know if you have any more questions. JR
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
How much will dvd cost?
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 10:16, Michael238 wrote:
How much will dvd cost?

At the moment the plan is to sell the DVD for $30 as a single DVD. The running time is 2 hours, and there is a slight possibility that I may divide it up and sell it as a two DVD set, in which case it will cost a little more. I will keep you posted. As you know, the DVD is being released at Kidabra at the beginning of August. However, I will shortly be taking pre-orders for those unable to attend the conference. My Kidabra lecture notes which nicely complement the DVD, will also be available. I am very excited about this DVD. There is so much information on it to take your children's show on to the next level, as well as the full handling and explanation of the incredible Cloth of Invisibilty!! JR
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 11:27, Ken Northridge wrote:
Yes, you obviously did not watch the entire video. Roger begins by levitating 'the thing,' then levitating a table and finally levitating himself (COI). I think it a very logical and magical routine.

Right but one has to admit, the performance of the thing on that video needs some work.
Reminds me of something I did from a US Grant book.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-09-25 20:52, Powermagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 11:27, Ken Northridge wrote:

Right but one has to admit, the performance of the thing on that video needs some work.
Reminds me of something I did from a US Grant book.

Quite right Powermagic!!! You are an asset to The Magic café. You pointed out the flaws in Chance Wolf's Snake Fountain, Zucchini's Costume and lack of magic in his show, and now my performance of "The Thing." Keep it coming.....and I look forward to seeing some of your videos soon. There is so much we can all learn from you! Jolly Good!!! Smile JR
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Hope you don't get your tongue stuck in your cheek Roger...It would make it harder to say thanks when you actually do get real constructive criticism!!! LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL