The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Plastic by Dee Christopher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
All aboard the hype train! (Not really) Hope everyone's bloody splendid!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'm releasing THAT credit card routine soon. I've been working hard on a few variations of my original credit card psychometry routine, so there should be something in there for everyone that enjoys a little mentalism - Lots of potential for readings and humour too throughout your presentation.

The copy is as follows, for those interested:

Quote:
"That's GENIUS!" Alan Rorrison

"That is devious!! Great psychometry routine, so clean you could eat off it!!" Ben Williams

Plastic allows you to perform the classic feat of psychometry in the close up arena with a bang up to date presentation and a hook that will resonate with every person you meet. The effect plays exactly as follows:

You walk up to a table and place down an un-opened packet of pay envelopes. (or just toss a couple out of your wallet)

After introducing yourself and meeting the characters that make up your audience for the next 7-10 minutes, You explain that you will turn away and each spectator on the table (Or any two or three if you prefer) is to take any of the envelopes and place one of their credit cards inside.

They may then seal their envelopes and make sure that there is no possible way to see the contents. When everyone is done and the envelopes are all mixed, and only then, you turn around to begin.

You hold each envelope in your hands, one at a time and in feeling the energy contained within, you begin to hand each envelope back to who you believe to be it's owner. Along the way, you add in little details of course, that Tim just filled up his car and that Mary drew out a substantial amount of cash in the last week or so...

When each envelope is opened, it's shown that your intuitive feelings about what was contained in each envelope was 100% correct!

Benefits:

- No preparation, you could perform this in the stationary store with any envelopes off the shelf.
- You can always carry a couple of pay envelopes in your wallet and perform this at a moment's notice.
- Finance is a topic that is ALWAYS on everyone's mind, so money is a powerful topic to base around.
- The effect feels modern and feels propless, you're using their items.
- There are no markings on the envelopes.
- No memory work is required, as long as you can introduce yourself to a spectator, you're good to go.
- Lots of possibility to jam readings and humour, easy to make the effect your own.
- You don't need to worry about people taking ages to choose items to place in the envelopes, (as with some audiences during a psychometry routine) the presentation is smooth and clean and keeps everything moving easily and quickly.

I'm sending out some more review copies this week, so I'll post up more people's thoughts when I get them!

Rock 'n' Roll,
DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I haven't had the opportunity yet to run out and try this on live audiences but after reading through it I can say it's true to Dee's style. It's method is cleaver, and applications endless. Often we as magicians forget that some of the most devastating effects don't need to rely on complicated sleights, or specialized aparati. What Dee has delivered is once again a working man's effect that is sure to be a pleaser to those who perform it as well as those who witness it in action.

Bravo sir.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Looking forward to this. Please keep us posted as to the release. Sounds like something I would use.

Iain.
Parrott
View Profile
New user
Wirral, England
53 Posts

Profile of Parrott
Having looked at the method for this it's a devious tool that can be used for multiple effects. Just think of what this offers you; the capability to call out the bank code off a participants bank card you have never seen. You'll look like a con man. As soon as I read the method I decided to put it straight in my new show with a slight twist. I genuinely cannot praise the possibilities of this enough.

Some may whine about the price, but I think this is a perfect price for the effect. It keeps it low key and selective. If you think it's too high, don't get it. But if you want hard hitting mentalism without props that is guarantee to kill and open up your world to new credit card based material.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts so far gents - Regards price, I've got it up on pre-order now for 30% less than the RRP it'll switch to on release day!

http://www.deechristopher.co.uk/products......istopher

Cheers,
DC
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hey Dee!

Your new release sounds great! I remember a similar routine that appears on Lee Earle´s Syzygy. Did you know that routine?

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

PM'd you Pablo! Smile

DC
Geraint
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Geraint
I was a fan of Dee way before I was a friend of Dee, and I have to say, this is exactly what I'm about.

Magic with other people's personal belongings is always the most powerful.

Definitely worth it for anyone interested in taking their magic that one step further into something INCREDIBLE, instead of something tricky.

Playings cards are out, Credit cards are in!

- Geraint
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Sounds epic love fees work great thinker
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Just bought it!
It sounds awesome!
Will post my thoughts on it
Regards
Nico
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

I'm back in the office, so just making the PDF look pretty now before I send out the pre-orders tonight. Once these pre-orders are sent out, the book will go up to the full price of £34.99 - So this is the last few hours to get a copy at the pre-order price! Link's in my signature! Smile

I think this is some of my best work to date, I'm really excited to get it out to you guys - A thanks to Amira for help on some of the crediting of this and also Peter Turner for a little crediting on another effect I briefly mention in the history and development chapter of the ebook.

DC
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

I'm happy to let you guys know that all pre-orders have just been sent out, ahead of schedule. Looking forward to the response!

Also, as the site says that release is tomorrow, I'm going to keep that price for you guys till midnight tonight, though your ebook will be delivered instantly.

Cheers!

DC
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey everybody,
I received my copy about an hour or two ago and just finished reading it!
What should I say? It is indeed really clever!
Just like the ad says you could do this off the shelf no gimmicks no preparation. Just get some envelopes and you are good to go!
Although I figured out the basic method by myself by thinking about it while waiting for the pdf I'm absolutely NOT disappointed!
1. Dee goes over the details really well and has some subtleties you will like!
2. Without Dee I probably never had thought of using credit cards for this kind of effect.
I will definitely try this one!

Again, well done Dee!
And thanks for sharing it with us my friend!

Regards Nico
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Just worked my way through this. As Looch would say this is a S.A.D piece of mentalism (Simple and Direct). It's a well thought out piece and is certainly one that I could see myself using.

Dee has covered all bases in this ebook which is both well written and thorough.

Great thinking Dee keep up the good work Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Can't wait to get my Hands on this:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Read through this and have to agree with the other reviews. This is Simple and Direct and Dee provides suggestions to how you can easily take this to the next level and create a nice mentalism routine that could go 5 minutes, 10 minutes or longer depending on your skill level. This has a lot of potential to be a workable piece that will lead your audience to believe you have some special powers!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wondering if I can use passengers cruise cards on the shipj they are vey similar to credit cards...i have some ideas....
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Is this good value at 50-60 dollars? Sounds interesting, but don't they all!

Best
Sean
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Really like this quite a lot. As others have said it's simple, but therein lies it's beauty. This is something that can be performed anytime, any place with borrowed objects. Even the envelopes could be borrowed!

Could also play well on stage, though I'll be using in close-up situations. This has lots of possibilities and anyone who has been performing for a little while will come up with other routines with this principle.

Great work, Dee.

Iain.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
I'm not so sure about borrowed objects. How are you going to tell specifically what objects are in the envelopes and who they belong to? I can see certain cards working but other random objects??

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Plastic by Dee Christopher (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL