The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every Day American (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8514 Posts

Profile of funsway
EVERY DAY
AMERICAN

How does one behave as an American every day –
be-have, that is – be-hope, be-long, be-live?
I ask of government that which I cannot do,
and should claim those things
best left to me and you.

In balance of the whole day, every day;
we, the simple folk, should be of the greater part –
ever seeking, ever asking,
“what I can I do this day, America?”

E --
I can Embrace our Earth as a friend and sister, two lives joined in health and partnership. I will hug a tree, pick up a bit of trash, and send a prayer song with the wind that all remember that she defines the day.

V –
By Voice I can craft tomorrow; speak out for truth, calm a crowd, teach a child, greet a stranger – and offer thanks that I am here to breathe at all.

E –
I can be a fine Example -- Energize family and community, Empower creativity and personal growth and Endeavor to do more than Expected.

R –
I can be Resolute – blending principles, incisive decisions, selfless kindness and impassioned goals into proud accountability.

Y –
I can say “Yes!” to those values, ideals and actions that look like love; and say “No!” to those that look like fear. I will remember that silence only says “Yes,” to someone else’s opinion or dream.

D –
I can Dare to be proud of who I am, and Demand of others respect and fellowship – not with words alone, but with open heart and healing hand.

A –
I can Affirm my essential faith in humanity and divinity by making of each day a testament to living: doing what no other can – being what no other will – sharing what no other knows of living.

Y –
I can see You, my friend – meet you in the field, the school, workplace, church, store and trail – smile and say, “I see You there – America!”
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Alllllllll-righty, then...!
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Every Day American (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL