The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Atlas' s "The Real Thing" and "Prodigal" (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
Hi everyone. I'm interested to know what anyone (who performs with the methods) thinks of Atlas' s "The Real Thing" and "Prodigal"? I'm looking at possibly purchasing one of the downloads, but wanted to get thoughts fromthose who use them. I'm looking to expand more on my show and I think these would be great to learn, put in the practice and perform. Your thoughts on either?

Thanks gang,

Ses
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Both are worth every penny. (Unlike something I wasted a load of cash on today)

Atlas is a great thinker.
Why not get Crusade as well?
Then you have three fantastic things that will keep you happy for life.

can't go wrong with any of his stuff.

Steve
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
If I had to pick one though, it'd be the prodigal. That's just my preference, they are all great books,

Regards,

Sea
I love post its Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
May I also add my thanks to Steve for, yes, his insight.

But I'll thank him more if he'll share with us the item he wasted a load of cash on today?
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Both The Prodigal and The Real Thing are great.

I'd start with The Prodigal though. For me, it is a must have reference for every mentalist.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
859 Posts

Profile of seamagu
If I had a penny for every piece of crap mentalism I bought.......
I love post its Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3692 Posts

Profile of JanForster
... you could stop working ...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
I'm curious to know what you think of Banachek's "Psycholigal Sublties 1"? I've been thinking of possibly getting that as well.

Thanks everyone for your help,

Ses
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Although I praise what IMHO are good things that have been brought to market, I don't often do the opposite when something that I feel is less than ideal comes out.

There is one argument that magicians can help magicians by advising them what NOT to buy, as much (if not more so) than advising on what they SHOULD buy.

However....
I have had enough experiences where I've taken what others have called crap, and made very good use of it. So it could just be my opinion that item X is not much use.
Plus...
"If you can't say something nice......" well, you know the rest.

Steve
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
Thank you Steve.

Ses
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I get your argument Steve, but if we universalised it we'd all be at the mercy of every magic dealer and their increasingly puffed up claims and percentage of poor releases.

Personally, I think it is much healthier to have a rich plurality of views from " this is c***" to "this is genius" and all points inbetween. Then buyers can make a considered decision.

But I absolutely respect your decision never to criticise anything. I know others take the same approach.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen - they are much appreciated.

Best,

Atlas
Curtis Alexander
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Curtis Alexander
I can vouch for The Prodigal. I haven't read The Real Thing.
Curtis Alexander
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Curtis Alexander
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 19:22, sescarny wrote:
I'm curious to know what you think of Banachek's "Psycholigal Sublties 1"? I've been thinking of possibly getting that as well.

Thanks everyone for your help,

Ses

I'd consider it a must have book. When I first got into mentalism this was one of the first books I read, which was a mistake. The quality of the content flew over my head until I had a better understanding of mentalism in general.
maggus
View Profile
New user
Barcelona
59 Posts

Profile of maggus
Just one question, the method does only works for english-speaking acts or can it be applied to other languages such as italian or spanish?
thanks a lot!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3447 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The methods in both books are suitable for any language, however the books and effects within them are in English and so you would have to adapt them to another language. The real thing might also have cultural differences to consider as well as language. Both books are fantastic as is psychological subtleties and as mentioned by Stephen the crusade. The crusade is a single knockout effect, the other books contain principles that can be used to create a variety of effects. If you want to perform prop less mentalism, the prodigal, real thing, psychological subtleties and the naked mentalism series will give you a lot of tools to work with.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
394 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I just bought the Prodigal a couple of days ago and I really like it, some of the examples work perfectly in Germany and I guess in any other country, too.
Luccky
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Luccky
I love Atlas work ! He is a great thinker. Crusade and The Prodigal are good but my favorite is The Real Thing because, really, it is ! Smile Love to perform this one. And as Mark says, with adaptations, it can suits for other languages. I perform it in french. And I want to say Atlas is very kind and helpful. If you need advices, pm him.

Luccky
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1024 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2014-01-12 18:04, maggus wrote:
Just one question, the method does only works for english-speaking acts or can it be applied to other languages such as italian or spanish?
thanks a lot!

The Prodigal can be applied to Spanish but most of the provided effects will need you to rework Them.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
gijsbertjansen
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of gijsbertjansen
Use principles from the prodigal in Dutch (!) no problem whatsoever and great responses too
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Atlas' s "The Real Thing" and "Prodigal" (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL