The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't hit a ref in Brazil. If you're a ref, don't stab the player who hit you, or else! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4010 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
From ESPN:

An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.

The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Other than that, was it a good game?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
And that is just an amateur football match. What will World Cup 2014 in Brazil be like?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Beautiful Game eh

It shows how brainwashed the people are now when they would rather play than eat.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4010 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 14:27, mastermindreader wrote:

Dunno. After the ref gave me back the knife he borrowed, I beat a hasty retreat.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 14:20, Chessmann wrote:
From ESPN:

An amateur football match in Brazil led to two deaths as a referee was beheaded by spectators after he had stabbed a player.

The shocking incidents occurred in Maranhao, Brazil, last Sunday. According to reports, referee Otavio Jordao da Silva fatally stabbed footballer Josenir dos Santos Abreu.

Dos Santos Abreu is believed to have struck the referee after questioning a decision. In retaliation, Jordao da Silva stabbed the player.

Having witnessed the incident, an outraged group of spectators turned on the referee. He was tied up, beaten, stoned and quartered. They then put his head on a stake and planted it in the middle of the pitch.

One man, Luiz Moraes de Souza, 27, has been arrested over the incident. Police are searching for two more suspects.

Valter Costa is handling the case and, in a statement, he said: "One crime never justifies another crime. Actions likes this do not collaborate with the legality of state law."

Well, at least it was over something important.

Wait a minute...

:no:
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Since when has Brazil become the Middle East
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16199 Posts

Profile of tommy
Since we all got on a slow boat to China
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-06 14:27, mastermindreader wrote:

:rotf:
:applause:
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
And they call rugby players "undisciplined louts"
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't hit a ref in Brazil. If you're a ref, don't stab the player who hit you, or else! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL