The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Android Vs IOS!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Figured we can start up a healthy debate..

What do you like and why?

I myself am a long time android user and love it.. My wife has the iphone 5 and I have the galaxy s4 (amazing by the way).

Let the games begin!
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Although I currently have an iPhone 4s, I am a big fan of Android, and the far more open nature of the market it supports.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I have an iPhone 5 and a google nexus, which has the android operating system (jellybean) I also have an iPad as well and for me its iOS all the way. Easier to navigate (I'm useless on tech devices) and certain things I find that are more thought out. I must say I use my devices for music and that kind of trumps all.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
We have two iphone 4s I use mine as a phone, I take pictures of me at gigs with it, and when I'm in a pinch I will call SIRI for help. I only have a few basic app's and I try to not go on line with it unless I have to because I am cheap and I can wait until I get home to do my computing. I pay $150 a month for two iphones and that's all the money AT&T is going to get from me. I am not a sucker for new gadgets I only have what I need to use for my business.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
I prefer android. I don't know if iOS is still like this, but their file system is all... weird. A normal file system presents all the usable storage space as a single "volume." Like the ole' c:\ drive for windows users, or what's usually called "Macintosh HD" for apple users.

But in iOS, there's no global "iPad" or "iPhone" volume, at least that's accessible by a user. Instead, each app sort of is its own volume. This is clunky, at least for how I prefer to use my tablet or phone.

By contrast, android isn't far off from linux -- and in particular, the android file system is practically the same as a linux file system. You can see volumes the way you'd expect.

I don't think we're too far off from a "one machine to rule them all" paradigm, in which you can carry around a single piece of hardware that has the same form factor as a phone, but the hardware and OS will be good enough that you can just plug in a monitor or two and use it like you would a normal desktop machine.

Ubuntu is leading the charge on this, IMO. See:

http://www.ubuntu.com/phone/ubuntu-for-android

Of course, this might not work for some power users -- perhaps folks who do a lot of video editing, or gamers, or scientific programmers. But for those of us who just consume media, do office-type work, and browse the web, it should work just fine.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I use Androids. Never got the hang of iPhones, then again I only ever messed around with the original iPhone which tbh was a pile to horse poo. The new iPhones are very good but I'm so used to Android operating systems now I'm too stubborn to change.

Cheers,
Art.
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Android for me, I prefer the os my Tablet is Android too.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I prefer iOS personally. Something as simple as scrolling on a webpage cor example is butter smooth with Apple but from most of the androids, it's jittery. Only the very newest droids with the fastest cpu's and ram have been kinda decent with scrolling. I personally think its the coding that is causing the issue as there are too many company's that have the OS and each company hasn't taken the time to fine tune it. Possibly because they know they'll be releasing another phone in 3 months? I'm just speculating. I have and iPhone 4S and an iPad 3. My contract runs out in October but I've decided to wait until next year to upgrade my phone as it seems I'm always getting the S version lol. As for my PC? I don't like apple and am a diehard MS guy Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Android Vs IOS!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL