We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2 copper, one silver, HELP! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
I just bought this Johnson trick after seeing it performed in a shop. The shop owner did not have time to help me and the instructions make no sense. Is there a routine out there I can follow or can someone help me with what to do here? Thanks from a beginner.
bigchuck
View Profile
Veteran user
Nothing clever has ever been said in my
400 Posts

Profile of bigchuck
Gary Kurtz has a killer routine for this in his 'Let's Get Flurious' video.
"The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. - Frank Zappa"
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
I would start with something a bit easier. Try reading Bobo's. There is an effect in there with the Connie Hayden gimmick (2 copper/1 silver). It's pretty good and will give you an idea of where to go with the gimmick.
Good Luck,
Jason
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
On Doc Eason's Bar magic vol. 3 he does a routine with the copper/silver/brass set which is the same as the 2 copper/1 silver.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I really like Paul Green's version for his DVD "In The Trenches". There's also a lot of other great material on it.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
If you want, PM me and I'll try to help you out.
Although Kurtz's routine is great, I do not recommend it to a beginner. Paul Green's will probably be within stilson's range. Like I said, PM me or you may try going back to the shop to ask for some assistance.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Simply showing the coins in your right hand, turn it face down and allow the gimmick to "separate" and drop the "two" coins <gimmick> into your left hand and close it which nests them together and ask "What does that leave in my right hand?" and when they answer say "perhaps you weren't watching close enough <show the single coin in the left and the two in the right> so I'll do it again".

Put them back into your right hand and again, remove the actual TWO coins and place them in your left pocket and ask "What does that leave here in my right?". Leave the TWOP coins in your pocket and remove the ACTUAL half dollar with the left hand as you again use the gimmick in the right to show the other two coins.

"Let's try this once more" and you place them all into your right hand once more. Use the gimmick to appear as the half dollar and remove it asking "what does that leave in my right hand?" as your left goes back into the pocket leaving the gimmick and removing the actual two coins. Remove the hand and show the two coins in the left and the half dollar in the right and you are now clean.

I have tried to explain it as best I could without exposing it's actual workings but if you are still not clear, feel free to write me privately.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Get a new Magic Shop.

You could do the Golden Girls routine...not a huge fan myself...but it is decent.

Never mind that...I had the wrong post.

Sorry.

I have been working on a c/s/b routine with no pocket switches...it is quite nice if you ask me. PM me if you wish to discuss.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. This board is such an invaluable resource because it's populated with nice people who are willing to teachers others. Refreshing and rare in today's society!
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Paul Green's version for his DVD "In The Trenches"
Bob

Jeff:
I think you are right; I have never had anyone notice the groove. There are days when I demonstrate it (as in a bite coin) all day long in the magic shop.

Leeman:
Most of the routines I know of do not transfer well from S/C/B to two copper one silver. Have you actually done both of them?

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 2 copper, one silver, HELP! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL