The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Toronto flood (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5016 Posts

Profile of landmark
Just read about this here:
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/07/09-5

Are all our Canadian friends okay?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Luckily I'm about an hour west of TO, however my sister lives there, and my dad is currently working there, staying at my sisters.
They're in a condo though, but, with the subways down, my dad walked, 15 km, to work.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's quite a walk.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Toronto is basically my home town, but I no longer live there and missed the excitement. My mother and some of my friends say it was pretty amazing to see that much water in the streets, though. Once in a lifetime (everyone hopes) ...
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Thank goodness the CFA exams are over; I'm not in Toronto.

My prayers go out to those who are.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5016 Posts

Profile of landmark
I just spoke to my aunt who lives there--she said there were snakes in the subway!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 19:41, landmark wrote:
I just spoke to my aunt who lives there--she said there were snakes in the subway!

I'd heard that the Ford brothers had left town.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Yeah I'm glad I don't live right in the city I got a friend living around queen and bathurst in a basement apartment fortunately he's ok but most of his furniture is ruined.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 19:41, landmark wrote:S

I hope your aunt is ok landmark, but as for the snakes in the subway, that's not so unsual. I've encountered more snakes in my life above ground than I'd bet your aunt did in the subway. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I'm not saying that there were not snakes in the subway ... but the only story about snakes in the Toronto flood I heard of concerned a single snake in a Go train.

Video here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/st......deo.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You missed my point balducci, I was speaking of the human version of the serpent.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
My post wasn't actually really in response to yours (it was directed at landmark) ... but in any case I admit I did not realize you were talking about human serpents.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Toronto flood (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL