The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Morph - First App From ProMystic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Even if it worked with a regular bike joker, it can only be operated with the app camera. I don't see what copyright issues there would be with using a regular joker.

The add is very up front that you need specific jokers, so I see no problem with that.

With a good routine, and a convincing force I can see this playing well to spectator's even if they are familiar with augemented technology. They should be in awe that it morphed into their selected card, if not amazed that the joker morphed.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Hello,

Thanks for all the comments.

Morph works with the ProMsytic Joker and some Jokers you may already have including Theory 11 (Monarchs), Ellusionist (Artifice), and Blue Crown. If you buy the ProMsytic Joker you will be able to perform with a red bike deck. We were not able to make it work with a bike joker at this time.

I love AR technology and learned a lot about AR developing this product. Lighting, angles, phone platforms, and a few other things can all be issues. I was not sold on the reliability of the technology for real performance conditions until we found a 'commercial grade' developer. Not inexpensive, but we found one.

As with all ProMystic products I do not put my name on it unless I feel it can live up to real performance conditions. Unlike several technologies that we evaluated, this app will work in some extreme lighting and angle situations on many platforms including iphone and android. It is by far the best that I have found.

As far as the effect goes, it does entertain. It is very visual, something I strive for in nearly all of my magic routines. I love having it as a bonus effect in my deck ready at all times. If you add some creativity like in the video saysold1 did, it can be amazing! Very nice video Saysold1, thanks for that. I'm working on a way to add it to my card to lemon routine Smile

My FAVORITE feature is using my phones built in screen capture utility to take a picture during the Morph and emailing the picture to the spectator/client. Nice way to build your email list.

I hope you enjoy it,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Two blue Artifice decks on there way this is going to be good;)
Entertainer
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
Hi, I have mailed craig awaiting a reply, just in case anyone here can help.
I own a LG Nexus 4, currently running on T Mobile, when I go to buy it states compatible with some of your devices.
Ok with :
T-Mobile LGE Nexus 4,
but not with:
lg nexus 4
They both seem the same to me...is there the facility to get a refund via google play within a short time of purchasing if it isn`t compatible?
Any help please.
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 09:50, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Buy my penguin lecture and you can do this with any card !

Alan, I have your lecture but how do I access the files to use within aurasma?

Pm me with details if necessary.

-Bobby
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

All sorted now, thankfully.
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 17:12, Keith Atkinson wrote:
All sorted now, thankfully.
Keith.

Even though its already sorted, to answer your question, google play allows you to get a refund on the app for around 10 minutes after you purchase it.
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Thanks, I realised that as I downloaded it, maybe I should have held off a bit before I posted.

Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 15:33, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

-Bobby

Aurasma will give you nowhere near the perfection taht you can get with what Craig created for us imo.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 17:44, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 15:33, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Quote:

-Bobby

Aurasma will give you nowhere near the perfection taht you can get with what Craig created for us imo.

It sounds awesome and all but the lack of bicycle jokers is a deal breaker for me... I don't use anything other then bikes or phoenix and I'm not going to stock up on special decks or special jokers for a trick when almost the same thing can be accomplished with the app mentioned above.

just my two cents..

-Bobby
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Bobby:

The cards supplied by ProMystic have MANDOLIN backs (red).

I keep the one single joker mixed in with my red bike cards and so far not a soul has questioned it.

The reaction I have been getting from ProMystic's Morph (no BS) have been some of the strongest reactions I have gotten in a long time - people LOVE it.

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Will this work with silver monarchs?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
As I will be using one of the mentioned Jokers which will be mixed in a regular Bicycle deck, will the on screen revelation of the face up force card look the same as the one in the App i.e same colour, contrast, design etc?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yes MagicMike - and there are two possible visual morph sequences available + 2 F cards possible, the 3 of clubs and 7 of hearts.

I use patter stating that what is seen by the joker with the phone's camera isn't real - but rather a kind of dream. Since the revealed card appears to be an aged style card I think this (to me) makes sense.
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Sending you a pm Brett
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-07-14 14:49, saysold1 wrote:
Yes MagicMike - and there are two possible visual morph sequences available + 2 F cards possible, the 3 of clubs and 7 of hearts.

I use patter stating that what is seen by the joker with the phone's camera isn't real - but rather a kind of dream. Since the revealed card appears to be an aged style card I think this (to me) makes sense.

Three morphs, third one being chargable, but well worth it for less than £1.
I got it yesterday Mike, it is a killer!!
Keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
This is going to be sweet and I'm waiting on my decks;)
Going to mess with my specs:)
Entertainer
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
550 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Thanks for the comments guys,

I've been having great fun with it for quite a while now. Lots of R&D time went into making the colors look correct in all lighting conditions. When you get rid of all the visual gaffes that were potential pitfalls, you are left with a very visual piece of magic. Even those that figure it is an app still wonder how it knew the card. Turn it on ahead of time and they can hold your phone the entire time if you like.

Don't over think it, just do it and see what happens. You will be surprised at the reactions that you can get out of it. Looking forward to hearing more. Don't forget to snap a picture during the morph to email them!

@roblane, yes it works with the Silver Monarchs.

Best,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Hi Craig,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. I have a couple questions as well regarding Morph.

1.) On the Morph product page on your website it states that the price for the ProMystic kit is $8.00 and you must also purchase the app from the app store for $9.99. So with the $8.00 kit you are receiving those 4 cards shown on the website? 2.) And when will this kit be available for purchase?

3.) I assume that Morph works with all three colors of the Ellusionist Artifice Second Edition deck (Cobalt Blue, Emerald Green, and Purple)?

Thanks in advance.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Maybe I can help! The kit is available now at Penguin, Hocus Pocus and other dealers.

Go to the beginning of rife thread and I think I put some links up.

Yes for $8.00 you get the 4 cards shown as part of the kit.

Craig will need to answer question #3.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Morph - First App From ProMystic (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL