The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Brett Daniels beautiful BB manipulation and question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I just saw Brett Daniels bb manipulation, and it looks beautiful! Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYuLwHq3N4
What I think beautiful in this act are his steals. Especially the first 1-4 that uses only 1 gimmick (I think so). And the 8 ball finale is great! (Is it sleight of hand flash four or gimmicked? I'm not sure...)

RJH
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Indeed the routine is beautifully crafted. Many of the movements were justified by the rose. The finale is a gimmick.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bret Daniels originally used a set of Gem Nesto Balls from France, called the DeCamp Jewel Billiard Balls, they were very expensive. Brett Daniels got his set from Abbott's Magic. These gem Billiard Balls are no longer made. Only Tannen and Abbott's use to sell them.

The act with the white Billiard Balls is his, but the 1 to 4 is from Shimada. See the Steven's Magic Shimada on Manipulation. He does the 1 to 4 on that DVD. Shimada also made a lecture tape in 1998 and sold through Denny's Magic.

I don't know where the sleeving was influence came from.

Yes, the finale 8 ball production is the Flash 4 Balls from Fakini most likely.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5396 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Brett's ball routine is polished, smoothly done, and magical. it is truly a well honed work of art. The practice and discipline clearly show. Regardless of what he knows or doesn't know his ball routine is poetry in motion. In less than three minutes he draws you in and blows you away! Of all the ball routines I've watched over the years Brett's is one of the most interesting. Nice use of a flower as a magic wand too!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Quote:
On 2013-07-12 14:18, Harry Murphy wrote:
And back on topic...Brett's ball routine is polished, smoothly done, and magical. it is truly a well honed work of art. The practice and discipline clearly show. Regardless of what he knows or doesn't know his ball routine is poetry in motion. In less than three minutes he draws you in and blows you away! Of all the ball routines I've watched over the years Brett's is one of the most interesting. Nice use of a flower as a magic wand too!

Could not agree more... enough said.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5396 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I think that Daytona magic still sells the Nesto Balls. They are in chrome. I've never seen them in white, or any other color for that matter, only chrome. At one point the camera is at a bad angle and it really looks as if Brett is using a double (or triple) shell technique. But then I'm no expert and am only guessing. As an aside if he is using a set of Nesto Balls he handles them expertly. I had a set and traded them right away. They proved more difficult to master/use than a shell or double shell technique (as taught by Shimada). If Brett is using a Nesto set then his stock goes up even more in my book!

http://www.daytonamagic.com/nesto-balls-b-035b.html
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
463 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Maybe he used a Nesto set before but not in clip posted above nor in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=end......Qg4&NR=1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Brett Daniels beautiful BB manipulation and question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL