The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's the final answer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Hey,

First, I wish to say hello. Am brand new to this forum and look forward to participating. So far, from what I can see, this is an interesting and shall we say colorful cast of characters.

As for my question, I'm looking for opinions on Richard Osterlind's The Final Answer. Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks.

Scott Soloff
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
500 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Hi . its a clever Q&A , you can come out with the materials yourself but if you want to have it ready to go , you can purchase it. Better you wacht it first perfomed in his Dvd: Vol 7 of Mind Mysteries Too.

or here you have some reviews:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

Regards

Mark
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Thanks Mark...
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10178 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I've always liked this and have blown audiences away with it. Very comfortable for me to use.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
It's ok...

I prefer to use George Andersons & Jerome Finleys Methods mixed in with some sealed letter reading methods by Burling Hull & Bob Cassidy.

Cheers,
Art.
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
The best value I've found for Q&A is in Bob Cassidy's teleseminars he recorded with Michael Weber. In those conversations you'll learn about the pros and cons to methods like the Final Answer, blindfolded Q&A and several other classic approaches.

About two years ago I paid hundreds for poorly-produced DVDs of a great Q&A workshop Bob gave. Worst production value of any DVDs I've ever bought (nobody manned the camera most of the time and the discs arrived hand-labeled with a Sharpie), yet they contained the best primer on Q&A. They are the only homemade-looking products I've ever bought that have anything to do with Bob, yet the DVDs got me up and running and were well worth what I paid - the information is worth a lot to me. After watching I started with a traditional **e-a**** Q&A with several of Bob's touches and it wowed them the way it was supposed to. I love those DVDs. The teleseminars share almost everything the DVDs teach at a fraction of the price, and they're professionally produced. You'll want to listen to them. You might then move on to pick up the DVDs for extras.

There are benefits and liabilities to every method. If nobody walks in on the middle of the performance, if you have everyone watching from the beginning, then the Final Answer is pretty strong. It's inexpensive considering the effect on people. You can buy the DVD Mark mentioned above and do it yourself (the least expensive way to go) or for convenience buy the whole package from Richard's site. I like the idea of customizing the tickets or using it along with other methods so I'd prefer to do it myself but in the beginning you'd probably be happy with it the way that it comes. It might be the easiest way to get off the ground with Q&A.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 14:10, Scott Soloff wrote:
Hey,

First, I wish to say hello. Am brand new to this forum and look forward to participating. So far, from what I can see, this is an interesting and shall we say colorful cast of characters.



Hi! Welcome aboard!

You've read posts and joined anyway? I kind of get it. I've seen surfers read "SHARK WARNING: Beach CLOSED" and they still went into the water.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 02:51, Mike Ince wrote:
The best value I've found for Q&A is in Bob Cassidy's teleseminars he recorded with Michael Weber. In those conversations you'll learn about the pros and cons to methods like the Final Answer, blindfolded Q&A and several other classic approaches.

About two years ago I paid hundreds for poorly-produced DVDs of a great Q&A workshop Bob gave. Worst production value of any DVDs I've ever bought (nobody manned the camera most of the time and the discs arrived hand-labeled with a Sharpie), yet they contained the best primer on Q&A. They are the only homemade-looking products I've ever bought that have anything to do with Bob, yet the DVDs got me up and running and were well worth what I paid - the information is worth a lot to me. After watching I started with a traditional **e-a**** Q&A with several of Bob's touches and it wowed them the way it was supposed to. I love those DVDs. The teleseminars share almost everything the DVDs teach at a fraction of the price, and they're professionally produced. You'll want to listen to them. You might then move on to pick up the DVDs for extras.

There are benefits and liabilities to every method. If nobody walks in on the middle of the performance, if you have everyone watching from the beginning, then the Final Answer is pretty strong. It's inexpensive considering the effect on people. You can buy the DVD Mark mentioned above and do it yourself (the least expensive way to go) or for convenience buy the whole package from Richard's site. I like the idea of customizing the tickets or using it along with other methods so I'd prefer to do it myself but in the beginning you'd probably be happy with it the way that it comes. It might be the easiest way to get off the ground with Q&A.


Mike,

Thanks for your insight.

I did a mindreading act 40 years ago and have decided it was time to try it once again. At the time, I used a clip board. I had no objections to pre-show work and was thrilled with the results. I tend to believe that this is still the best way to go.

However, at least for the time being, I wanted something that was pretty well self contained and simple to execute in order to concentrate on my performance. I came across Osterlind's product and thought that it fit the bill.

Reading the posts here, I became impressed with Cassidy's material and have decided to study it in detail. In the mean time, I wanted to hit the road running.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 03:13, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 14:10, Scott Soloff wrote:
Hey,

First, I wish to say hello. Am brand new to this forum and look forward to participating. So far, from what I can see, this is an interesting and shall we say colorful cast of characters.



Hi! Welcome aboard!

You've read posts and joined anyway? I kind of get it. I've seen surfers read "SHARK WARNING: Beach CLOSED" and they still went into the water.


Zombie Magic,

Thanks. Yes, I read the posts and observed the recurring bickering. And still, I picked up a great deal of useful info. With that in mind, I decided to take the plunge.

Best wishes,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've used it as my big finish piece for years...absolutely love it.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 04:55, Scott Soloff wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-13 02:51, Mike Ince wrote:
The best value I've found for Q&A is in Bob Cassidy's teleseminars he recorded with Michael Weber. In those conversations you'll learn about the pros and cons to methods like the Final Answer, blindfolded Q&A and several other classic approaches.

About two years ago I paid hundreds for poorly-produced DVDs of a great Q&A workshop Bob gave. Worst production value of any DVDs I've ever bought (nobody manned the camera most of the time and the discs arrived hand-labeled with a Sharpie), yet they contained the best primer on Q&A. They are the only homemade-looking products I've ever bought that have anything to do with Bob, yet the DVDs got me up and running and were well worth what I paid - the information is worth a lot to me. After watching I started with a traditional **e-a**** Q&A with several of Bob's touches and it wowed them the way it was supposed to. I love those DVDs. The teleseminars share almost everything the DVDs teach at a fraction of the price, and they're professionally produced. You'll want to listen to them. You might then move on to pick up the DVDs for extras.

There are benefits and liabilities to every method. If nobody walks in on the middle of the performance, if you have everyone watching from the beginning, then the Final Answer is pretty strong. It's inexpensive considering the effect on people. You can buy the DVD Mark mentioned above and do it yourself (the least expensive way to go) or for convenience buy the whole package from Richard's site. I like the idea of customizing the tickets or using it along with other methods so I'd prefer to do it myself but in the beginning you'd probably be happy with it the way that it comes. It might be the easiest way to get off the ground with Q&A.


Mike,

Thanks for your insight.

I did a mindreading act 40 years ago and have decided it was time to try it once again. At the time, I used a clip board. I had no objections to pre-show work and was thrilled with the results. I tend to believe that this is still the best way to go.

However, at least for the time being, I wanted something that was pretty well self contained and simple to execute in order to concentrate on my performance. I came across Osterlind's product and thought that it fit the bill.

Reading the posts here, I became impressed with Cassidy's material and have decided to study it in detail. In the mean time, I wanted to hit the road running.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Scott


"I wanted something that was self contained and simple to execute.... hit the road running"- then the Final Answer is the perfect choice with which to break into Q&A. Great way to go.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Thanks everyone... Appreciate the feedback.

Best wishes,

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
If it's the same routine as his Q+A on volume 7 DVD it's brilliant. I was blown away when I watched it. I still haven't performed it, but it seemsdead easy and sure fire. I have a question to those performing it: where do you get your perforated slips?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10178 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
From Richard or you can have your own made up.
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Mindpro,

You can get them from Richard here:

http://osterlindmysteries.com/store/inde......cts_id=5

Scott
'Curiouser and curiouser."
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Thanks everyone! I'm going to try to make these up on business card stock first.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
I'm in the process of working on a Final Answer-based routine myself.

I'm making up my own cards. One of the little touches I'm adding is, in tiny lettering at the bottom of each card, "Property of Duke University." Just to make them feel official.

The pencil bags I'm using are these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275E......F8&psc=1

And BTW, I'm starting off *with the pencils inside the bag.* That made more sense to me than presenting an empty bag and saying, "Here's a pencil bag" when you've just handed out pencils without using the bag.

Josh
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
Oh, BTW -- I email Richard about making up my own cards just a week or so ago, and he was very gracious in replying (as he has always been).

He informed me that one thing to be sure of is that the printer who makes up the cards does the perforating correctly. Apparently not every printer gets the perfs deep enough.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2163 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
An awesome routine that hits hard!

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

...................................
Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I've been doing Q&A the ol' White Mahatma way. I think next time I may use a variant of the Final Answer to make it easy on myself so I can focus on the hard part while casting aside methodological distractions. Now that I know I can do it with nothing more than a stack of index cards and pencils it's time to move to the Final Answer.

The only easier method (for written questions) I've read that worked for its' time belonged to Lucian of Samosota. You can read about it here, especially beginning around paragraph 19. http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/lucian......nder.htm Lucian was a false prophet who pretended to answer sealed questions on behalf of gods, circa 180 A.D. There is truly nothing new under the sun. Guys who claim supernatural power or insight gather hungry, believing audiences who should know better. From Tertullian's opinion of Alexander's followers, it doesn't sound like he needed much of a logical disconnect.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's the final answer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL