The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Erase by Julien Arlandis and produced by Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Hello guys,

new effect from Mickael Chatelain's company, magic4pro, which is called "Erase" :

http://youtu.be/i2qLI2_ZNhc

Basically, you have this clear board, you write anything on it, spectator choose one symbol, number and the thing they choose is now at the back of the board. Every others drawings can be erased from the face but the only one the spectator choose is on the other side Smile

Looks like a clear "ipad" and I think you could find a great patter with this idea Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7490 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Outstanding trailer, and a great effect. Bravo.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2136 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Cool. Hope they make a pocket version
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4448 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Be interesting to see when the selection is truly made, before or after the drawing is completed
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
OliOliOli
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of OliOliOli
This is great thinking by Mr Arlandis and an excellent illusion if it works how I suspect. Christopher, I'm fairly confident the selection is made after the drawings have been done. I don't want to say any more than that out of respect the creator.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3607 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks pretty good. Agree it's too big to really be practical.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1692 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Looks very similar to an effect, that I want to release in the next couple of months. that said, if
I will release, I will not give any credits because it is my own method:)

but it looks good to be honest. only the board looks like a prop.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
866 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I posted this in the other thread so thought I would post it here too...

What makes this different from Adam Grace's Glass?? Not sure if I can see a significant difference in method...

Of course I don't own this but from what I can tell the method is the same, routines and structure are different though I suppose... Nothing revolutionary though at all...

Best,

Ben
jicetheone
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jicetheone
Hello I'm jerome from magic4pro!
Sorry Rasmus..why don't you want to join magic4pro team next time Smile
Nechto: I just want to say to you that e-rase is totaly different of Adam grace's glass (it's a good trick for sure)!
it's not the same method! routines and structure are different!
it's a revolution!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
896 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 17:11, rasmus wrote:
Looks very similar to an effect, that I want to release in the next couple of months. that said, if
I will release, I will not give any credits because it is my own method:)

but it looks good to be honest. only the board looks like a prop.

strange comment...
magic770
View Profile
New user
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
10 Posts

Profile of magic770
Looks great. My question: Can the spectator take a try at erasing the "non-chosen" symbols as well as the ones he/she selected-- showing that only the selected symbols remain unerased? In the vid one sees only the magi himself erasing the non-chosen symbols. Then the spectator tries to erase his/her chosen symbols, but cannot-- until the pad is turned over.

To simplify... must the magi be the one to erase the non-chosen symbols?
THINK GOOD IT WILL BE GOOD
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Would anyone actually carry that thing around in a pro environment?
zacksdad
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of zacksdad
Quote:
On 2013-07-29 17:59, DougNicols wrote:
Would anyone actually carry that thing around in a pro environment?

I can only imagine this being used on stage, although a pocket size one might be useful.

I like that its an original idea and visual. My problem with it is that when laypeople try to reconstruct the trick they will think the board was simply turned over...even if it wasn't. (I don't know the method)
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
896 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I've ordered and will tell you about when it arrives.

The first thing I will do is put some black tape over the E-Rase logo on top of the board.
This is something I will never understand: why creators put advertisments (of their products) on their products?
Google E - Rase + Magic and your audience can read about it later... If you don't care about the secret and want to make as much money as you can this should be a option... but not very right in our art imo.

It looks interesting and very simple which I like. A good way to proof a prediction in another way with """impromtu""" applications for creating routines. Lets see
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Can I ask

The e sticker is it not possible to peel it off ?
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I liked INK by Chatelain a lot, but it had its problems.
This effect from watching the video twice, shares one of those problems. I think there are two methods at work in this effect. One with a gaff and the board, one with just the board.

People are saying this looks like a toy/tenyo prop, or it looks weird. I actually disagree, in the age of the iPad this looks completely normal.
Just cover or remove the E-Rase sticker and you have a new piece of tech, a mind reading android device or something.

As a walk around effect or a single trick I don't know if it's strong. As part of a mentalism routine, it could be amazing.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Just received this. The method is not what I expected. I think with the proper presentation this might work as a walkaround but I won't be sure until I try it
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 02:45, Martin.Lester wrote:
Can I ask

The e sticker is it not possible to peel it off ?

I tried peeling it off, but it is stuck on pretty good. Maybe with a little steam or moisture it might come off. Using a "bulldog clip" might be the best way to cover it up
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3077 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I posted this idea over on the Wizard Product Review thread and I thought I would repeat it here.

Draw several "boy" stick figures and several "girl" stick figures. Pick a couple as your subjects and have the guy erase all but one girl and have the girl eraase all but one guy. Amazingly they are the only two on the other side of the glass, obviously they were destined to be together.

Also, the average spectator is not going to notice and remember the label on the board. Logos are everywhere. But I can see how it would be a problem if you are performing for friends and family. They WILL notice such things because they know you are just you so you must have bought a magic trick.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 15:58, hackmonkey wrote:
People are saying this looks like a toy/tenyo prop, or it looks weird. I actually disagree, in the age of the iPad this looks completely normal.

Uhm, like a "completely normal" what?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Erase by Julien Arlandis and produced by Mickael Chatelain (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL