The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please vote for a "Darwin Ortiz At The Card Table" reprint... (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
In response to a six year old thread about a reprint of Darwin's book, "Cardshark," it was suggested that the title of the thread was confusing (it wasn't then but it is now with respect to his first book). I decided to end the confusion (hopefully) by adding this thread. I vote for a reprint of "At The Card Table." Feel free to share your vote here. If I'm not mistaken, all other books have been either printed as a first run, or reprinted since his first book. I think this one has been patient enough. I can hear cries of "Reprint me, reprint me, please!" Anyone share the sentiment?
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Yep, l am right there with you. Count me in for someone who is interested. Please reprint this one, Darwin!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 00:15, the fritz wrote:
In response to a six year old thread about a reprint of Darwin's book, "Cardshark," it was suggested that the title of the thread was confusing (it wasn't then but it is now with respect to his first book). I decided to end the confusion (hopefully) by adding this thread. I vote for a reprint of "At The Card Table." Feel free to share your vote here. If I'm not mistaken, all other books have been either printed as a first run, or reprinted since his first book. I think this one has been patient enough. I can hear cries of "Reprint me, reprint me, please!" Anyone share the sentiment?

I don't, but I certainly do love At The Card Table.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Only Darwin Ortiz book I am still missing! I would love a reprint of this book!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 03:51, Erdnase27 wrote:

They are available should you wish to purchase one.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 09:17, magicfish wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 03:51, Erdnase27 wrote:

They are available should you wish to purchase one.

1000$ for a book is just a tat too much for me, espescially if it can be reprinted Smile
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
$1000? No. There is one for sale here at the Café for $80 right now. But isn't the good stuff worth it? If you really want something, you'll get it. Reprint or no reprint.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 13:15, magicfish wrote:
$1000? No. There is one for sale here at the Café for $80 right now. But isn't the good stuff worth it? If you really want something, you'll get it. Reprint or no reprint.

He could pay $80 to someone else or give the author Darwin $45 directly when it is reprinted. Why not have the author enjoy a little profit for his troubles?

I don't understand why someone would encourage an author not to reprint his material unless there was the expectation of exclusivity when it was printed...which was not the case with any of the books in question. I have all Darwin's books and I hope that he continues to print them for years to come. I bought them for reading, not collecting.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Jim, it is not my intention to discourage Mr. Ortiz. I believe his books contain some of the best magic in history and I wish him prosperity.

The op asked if I shared his sentiment. I don't. I don't wish to see every great book reprinted. Weather it be magic, or history, or poetry.

The reason I mentioned the 80 dollar book was to let the gentleman know he didn't have to pay 1000 dollars.
convincing control
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of convincing control
Another vote for a reprint from me.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
I agree, nooner. I would always rather the author receive the money first. No offense intended to magicfish or the seller he mentioned. I have all of Darwin's other books and love every one of them. I'm am confident this one is no exception, especially having seen some of the material performed on video. I know for a fact Darwin is considering reprinting this book, so let's support this consideration and convince Mr. Ortiz that there is a nice market for a reprint.
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
Due to financial issues at the time I had to sell off nearly 75% of my collection of over 250 books many rare and hard to find. Tracking down copies of out of print books has become a labour of love and I would LOVE to see this book reprinted, you have my vote assuredly.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I didn't know this book was in such high demand! I actually listed my copy of it for sale in the book section. I can still remember the day I bought it... Smile http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=78&0
Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
This or cardshark would be fine
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Another vote for the re-print + cardshark!!!

- Arthur
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Just lost on a bid on this one at a certain auction site. This bump is a little reminder to let the awesome Mr. Ortiz know not to forget about us and that we are still interested. Smile
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
This book + annotations (or any other additional material) = HOLY !@#$

Mike
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I do not look forward to the reprint of any collectible book...especially the ones that I own.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I vote NOT to reprint this.

I like having exclusivity. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Ortiz is publishing/republishing his own books. He recently republished Strong Magic and I believe he might have already republished Cardshark. I no longer see folks on the Café looking for Ortiz books.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Please vote for a "Darwin Ortiz At The Card Table" reprint... (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL