The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your magician's lair... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
What is your magician office/lair/den/study like? Magician Sofie Evans has a great room with a huge King rug, a queen painting on the wall (painted by her dad) and lots of curios on display. Is your room done up like that at all, what's it like?...I'd love to see some pics.

Sadly, mine is quite boring at the moment. It's just white walls, a couple of office desks, a roll on table, a close up table and a couple of book shelves which house my books, mags and DVD's/videos (yep, videos). My props are stored away in the cupboard. I'm planning to turn this into the magician equivalent of a man cave, but I'm looking for inspiration...so if you have got a good space, post a pic! Smile

Cheers
Zuke
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Bat Cave would be nice...

Alas, I'm no billionaire. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Are you married?

If not, do whatever you feel like doing. Put it all over the place; display in every room in the house so you can just admire and play and practice your magic anytime you feel like it.

If you're married, find a big closet.

I should add that I'm a hobbyist, not a pro earning a living with it. If I did, perhaps things would be different. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Yes I am Bob1Dog and I've finally been given the go-ahead Smile
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Mines is just a computer desk/waterbed!
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
It's scattered throughout the house with a base of operations in storage containers from the armoire.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
If you're married, find a big closet.

LOL!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have a closet full of costumes, and my office is a small guest room full of stuff piled about knee high.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
I'm a life-long amateur, not a pro. Fortunately, most of what I do involves an ungimmicked deck of cards. So my wife has begrudgingly (... or generously, depending on who you ask) gave me a shelf to keep a few decks. Once there are more than three or four in the house she starts to get a little cranky. Smile

Besides that, I have a practice pad. Or, as my wife calls it, an oversized mouse pad.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
It's pretty much my man cave computer, turntable, guitar stuff, magic stuff, books, books, and more books!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
I wish I had one room where I could keep everything.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I am on my way to Joseph A Bank this morning to buy 9 pair of fine on sale wool dress pants. They are three for the price of one today only, and when the price is right I move fast.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
So you were the geezer I saw unicycling across the Interstate!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 09:34, Al Angello wrote:
I am on my way to Joseph A Bank this morning to buy 9 pair of fine on sale wool dress pants. They are three for the price of one today only, and when the price is right I move fast.

I love the JAB sales. Those wrinkle-free Exexutive Traveler shirts are nice, too.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I own a 1500 square foot, 2 storey magic studio where I house my magic, illusions and library. The studio is also set up with backdrop curtains, floor to ceiling mirrors, lighting, sound system, video equipment, change rooms and showers to accommodate full rehearsals. Overhead bay doors in the back allow for easy load-in and load-out of equipment.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Jesus, Kent. Got a sister?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
LOL! The studio really is a dream come true. It has allowed me to refine and polish my routines in ways I would never have been able to do in the basement of my home. It's amazing how much can be accomplished in two hours of uninterrupted "play time" in the Studio.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I've rehearsed in Kent's studio. If anything, it's nicer than his description.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Mostly in the basement whith each act in its storage container.

I have one peice of apparatus on display in the living room and my meager library of magic books upstairs in my corner of the workroom.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-07-16 10:59, Kent Wong wrote:
I own a 1500 square foot, 2 storey magic studio where I house my magic, illusions and library. The studio is also set up with backdrop curtains, floor to ceiling mirrors, lighting, sound system, video equipment, change rooms and showers to accommodate full rehearsals. Overhead bay doors in the back allow for easy load-in and load-out of equipment.

Kent

Man, a shower. What I could do with one of those babies . . .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your magician's lair... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.45 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL