The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The touch of Cain? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbl9PVdORg
not an especially useful demo! just got the email in about this...kinda tempted for $15, but the demo has put me off to be honest...
I've asked to be banned
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
No kidding!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I HAVE to chime in on this. The ad copy claims that this is a "REAL TIME" PK Touch but it is nothing of the sort. For a PK Touch to be "REAL TIME", the participant must react at the very moment the remote touch (tapping the air, another person, their shadow, etc) occurs. In fact, the ad copy states that "Afterward you ask if they felt something"; a direct contradiction to the notion of a "real time" PK-Touch.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
"I want you to close your eyes and look this way..." Smile
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 16:06, Christopher Taylor wrote:
I HAVE to chime in on this. The ad copy claims that this is a "REAL TIME" PK Touch but it is nothing of the sort. For a PK Touch to be "REAL TIME", the participant must react at the very moment the remote touch (tapping the air, another person, their shadow, etc) occurs. In fact, the ad copy states that "Afterward you ask if they felt something"; a direct contradiction to the notion of a "real time" PK-Touch.

Christopher

Spot on Christopher. I don't understand why the creator thinks it's real time.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

In fairness, I sent an email to eMentalism about this. José Prager replied by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something."

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hmmm so you wave a.feather at someones face and ask them if they felt something? would you have to make sure there is no draft...
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 19:13, Christopher Taylor wrote:
In fairness, I sent an email to eMentalism about this. José Prager replied by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something."

CT

Nice approach creating the appearance of real time.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Dual Real-timeee
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
This probably IS real time. I'm almost 100% certain that I know how he does it, and it wouldn't be anything new at all. One person who has already sold the exact same thing is Peter Loughran, it's built into his Voodoo Touch chair. They feel the feather at the same time that you wave it in the air.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-07-15 14:18, PatrickGregoire wrote:
it's built into his Voodoo Touch chair. They feel the feather at the same time that you wave it in the air.

Touch of Cain is selling for $15.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

I know lol, it's built into his chair. You get a heck of a lot more built into the chair; it's an entire electronic routine. The voodoo touch is just a part of it. And it's simple, and it's cheap. And it's not new. And I'm 99.9% certain it's the same thing. And Peter's not the first to sell this method.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
An absolutely pointless demo imho.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Why? It shows you exactly what you can do from start to finish...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Don't forget, Rick Maue & Banachek's...'PK Touches DVD's' are coming! Smile

Anyone,taken the Plunge on,Cain's ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
Thank you all for this discussion thread. I just spoke with Christopher Taylor moments ago and didn't realize this thread had been created.

@Patrick Gregoire - Thank you for the endorsement as you are correct. I do explain from start to finish how this is performed. Without going into a reveal here, it truly is a real time PK touch.

@looch - Dual reality is not implemented here in this effect. In one of the routines it is employed with another spectator and I suppose you could utilize it with the first spectator. However, it is not employed with the lone spectator / 1st spectator. José Prager is correct by saying, "You can ask them the moment you are moving the feather if they are feeling something." This is absolutely accurate. You can instruct the lone / 1st spectator to answer by raising their hand at the moment they feel the feather (or whatever you decide to use) OR ask after the fact. It's about presentation in my opinion.

Christopher shared his concern with me about the timing of the question (thank you Christoper as I should kick myself for it). Again, you can instruct the lone / 1st spectator to answer by raising their hand at the moment they feel the feather. Remember to control the spectator every step of the way. Every mentalist knows that rule.

I know there are other real-time PK effects out there and I wanted to bring one to our fold that kept the cost reasonably down.

Thank you all for allowing me to share.

Dan Cain
"Only those that seek magic find it."
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
And again we don't have a password protected page for products
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I'm sorry but I don't understand what's new here?
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
@parmenion
" There's nothing new under the Sun." --> holy scripture
" It's all the same, only the names will change..." --> Jon Bon Jovi
dankai
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of dankai
@parmenion
If everyone took that position of " nothing's new" then innovation would cease. Let's not stop trying to come up with new ways to Perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The touch of Cain? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL