The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » In a Flash ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
I have been performing Jay Sankeys in a flash since it came out. Great trick. However, every once in a while the quarter will not lay flat in the hole, but rather "lean" on the side. I have taken Jays advice from his DVD to merely shake the deck to giggle the coin into place, but was wondering if anyone had another suggestions to alleviate this?

By the way I use the older version with the round holes. The newer version with the "realistic" holes made this issue worse as the edges were "jagged" I also tend to place the deck on the table and light the flash paper.

thanks in advance for any suggestions!

David
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Anyone ?
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I perform this daily. I've switched to nickels for that exact reason. It doesn't alter or take from the effect at all. I wouldnt be caught dead shaking anything .. that I feel takes away. I also put all the cards back in the case and melt the nickel through the whole deck (and case). A reputation maker for sure.
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Using a nickel is an excellent suggestion. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Mark
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I could no longer stand the quarter getting stuck and having to shake. You'll see that everything will be resolved using a nickel.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
I have thought about using a nickel however, the hole would "appear" too large... at least that was my thought. Are you using the older version with the perfectly round holes, or the new version with the "realistic holes"?

thanks,

David
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I'm using the newer version. Nobody has ever commented on the size of the hole compared to the nickel. I have rebuttels prepared anyways. Heat expands. Of course the hole will melt a bit larger as it burns. But Ive never had to say anything. Just watch their jaws hit the table and enjoy the confidence of knowing a quarter will never be half in half out again.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 09:49, TheMag1cian wrote:
I perform this daily. I've switched to nickels for that exact reason. It doesn't alter or take from the effect at all. I wouldnt be caught dead shaking anything .. that I feel takes away. I also put all the cards back in the case and melt the nickel through the whole deck (and case). A reputation maker for sure.

I like the idea of melting the cards through the case, but how do you keep the case from gathering burn residue? Thanks.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 04:40, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 09:49, TheMag1cian wrote:

I like the idea of melting the cards through the case, but how do you keep the case from gathering burn residue? Thanks.

I have tons of old cases. I just make another one every once and a while. But I kind of like the burn residue. Remember, the spec never sees the front of the case until the revelation so residue isn't really an issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » In a Flash ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL