The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Clips from New Show-2 Unique Steinmeyer Pieces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AEvans
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AEvans
Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd share some clips from a new show VODVIL I performed a few months ago. For the show, we built Jim Steinmeyer's "Tocatta for Light Bulb and Paper Bag" and "Long Division". Both performed beautifully! Hopefully I'll be filming full videos of these pieces soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxtK6W5_kg

As always, feedback and critique is welcome... although a little difficult without the full routines.

Cheers!
AEvans
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AEvans
Haha, I should say, both "worked" beautifully. The audience can be the judge of how well they were performed Smile
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
385 Posts

Profile of chill
Nice clip. you look like you are enjoying the show, which generally means the audience is also.
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Those looked great! Congratulations!!
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Any illusions from Jim Steinmeyer that you built for your show are wonderfuls, and your performance was vey good!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
A pleasure to see!
AEvans
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AEvans
Thanks folks!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Good stuff! I especially loved the Toccata. Did you build it yourself or had it built?
Sent from my Typewriter
AEvans
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AEvans
I did built it... with a few design tweaks, but staying pretty true to the original description of the effect in Technique and Understanding. The wooden frame was specifically themed to fit into the old-time, vaudeville feel of the show. Same with the Long Division boxes. And the Wakeling Sawing for that matter... lot's of Oak and Walnut for the construction.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
That is a beautiful piece. that's my favorite effect in the book, the simplicity of the routine is just beautiful. Did you have to do a lot of R&D for the angles? If I remember correctly, angles are not much discussed in the book (though I can be wrong).
Sent from my Typewriter
AEvans
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AEvans
There was a lot of adjusting to get the routine right--both in performance and staging. Stage lighting should be carefully considered for maximum impact. And there are a few things that I had to change from the original plans to get it working.

Angles are not really an issue though, unless you're performing on a really wide stage or there's a super tall balcony.
JonBarr
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
73 Posts

Profile of JonBarr
Wonderful! Your show looks like it was a lot of fun.
Thank you for sharing.
Sap4997
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sap4997
Well done!
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Look excellent!
Mike
Don
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Don
I enjoyed your modern but yet classic approach to magic!

Thought I was the only one left!

Don
AllenChilver
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of AllenChilver
Loved the clip. That's the kind of performance I'd pay to see. It's fascinating to see Long Division actually built and performed.

By the way, I counted 3 Steinmeyer pieces, not 2... I do believe I spotted "Hospitality" towards the beginning there. Looks like you built that too?
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Nice to see focus on the magic part of the act...lack of dancing and colorful props was quite welcoming. Congrats and have fun!
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
Really loved seeing the Tocatta Light Bulb. It looked really special on paper, I've seen the Steinmeyer clip and some props but no other performances. Thank you very much for sharing! It looks so beautiful! Congrats!- Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Clips from New Show-2 Unique Steinmeyer Pieces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL