The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blammo Box Illusion Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

omniberg
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
8 Posts

Profile of omniberg
During rehearsals I have been having trouble with the blammo box getting caught at the front under the lip. I recently changed assistants. Is this due to not enough pressure in the back and is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen during my performance. Is it all about the pressure on the back to keep the front part above the lip? Any suggestions / Add-Ons to make it fool-proof?

Regards
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
A picture or video would help! Not sure I understand the issue.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
omniberg
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
8 Posts

Profile of omniberg
K I will try to upload one soon; either tomorrow when I'm working on it with my partner or at my rehearsal Wednesday . I'm guessing there are several different designs which might be causing confusion. I purchased it about 10 years ago so it might be different then recent versions.
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
Sounds like the same issue I have with my Chalet Blammo.

Give me a call tonight (1-800-514-5049) or Skype: illusionist.sam.pearce and we can discuss it privately.

Take care,
Sam
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
Is yours a Chalet?
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
omniberg
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
8 Posts

Profile of omniberg
It's by Lanny Kibbey. I love his stuff but just having a problem with this one thing. Where can I post/send pictures to privately to make you understand better? It's hard to explain but basically the bottom part that is seen by the audience is sliding back after loading the assistant making where it wont drop. Not sure if I should lengthen it or move the metal in the top part a little forward to make sure it stays on the front edge. Actually I have no idea and discussing this on this forum might be against the rules. Most likely know one understands the problem though haha. Thanks for any help and please delete if sharing the mechanics made sense and is against rules.

Also. I am not talking about it going off premature. I am talking about opening the box and having the assistant behind the front... There is no dowel rod in mine or anything.

Regards
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
With my Chalet Blammo there was a plexiglass divider that was originally used to control the movement of a live animal. I found it caused from time to time the illusion to get stuck. I removed it and took a bit off the mechanics and it works perfectly. It is hard to recommend fixes for your issues without messing with the prop. My advice is just "work" it and you will find the problem. There are local metal workers, carpenters that you can "sub" it to once you understand where you need to go and what needs to be done.

Most illusions are custom made and built one at a time, thus each has little differences that make them work or not work a bit differently. If you want to email me pics or better a video I can take a look and maybe be of help.

Thanks
David Thomas
Dthomas@showsinabox.com
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 09:53, DavidThomas wrote:
With my Chalet Blammo there was a plexiglass divider that was originally used to control the movement of a live animal. I found it caused from time to time the illusion to get stuck. I removed it and took a bit off the mechanics and it works perfectly. It is hard to recommend fixes for your issues without messing with the prop. My advice is just "work" it and you will find the problem. There are local metal workers, carpenters that you can "sub" it to once you understand where you need to go and what needs to be done.

Most illusions are custom made and built one at a time, thus each has little differences that make them work or not work a bit differently. If you want to email me pics or better a video I can take a look and maybe be of help.

Thanks
David Thomas
Dthomas@showsinabox.com

That's pretty much spot on. Illusions just don't work "out of the box" all the time. Gotta learn your unit and all it's faults - then fix em or work around them.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Blammo Box Illusion Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL