We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A big help in Pocket Management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
When working with coin sets like Silver/Copper/Brass or Hopping Half when you want to do a swap-out at the end, try this.

Go to a drug store and get a $3.00 slip-in glasses case. Cut the bottom off at about 2 inches for a non-fumbling pocket within a pocket.

Bob
Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good idea. I was just thinking about how to do just that sort of thing this evening.

thanks.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Bob,

Can you please describe a slip in glasses case?

I can't picture what it is. Would it be near the reading glasses/pharmacy section???

Thanks

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
I think he is talking about those rectangular vinyl and foam squeeze open cases. Think of a soft case for reading glasses.

If I am wrong...oh well!

Smile
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
About a year ago I was given one of those cheezy vinyl-covered pocket-sized calendars the insurance companies give away to prove how much they care. You know, they have your insurance agent's name stamped in gold on the outside, etc.

Turns out that sideways, it was exactly the width of my outside jacket pocket. Jammed in there, with the calendar removed, the vinyl cover 1) divided the pocket into three clinkproof sections and 2) stretched out the pocket slightly, reducing the bulging and sagging that attacks the pockets of serious coin guys.

I now have a pocket into which I can ditch a jumbo coin silently, but which will index two other sets of coins (or other metal props) at the same time. And, when the JC goes,the pocket doesn't sag.

If this would be a good thing for you, see your insurance agent, at about this time of year. For a smaller pocket, the thing is easily trimmed with a pair of scissors.

Wait until you're out of his office before you trim.
Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Great tip Curtis! It just so happens I am going to an insurance agents house this morning.

Thanks again.

Kirk
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
You folks may be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

No “squeezing” case is needed, just a simple “loose” slip-in pocket case (without a pocket clip on the side.) It is found in most drug stores near the reading glasses display. It’s the one made for regular full size glasses (not the little half size lenses.)

I am not sure why anyone would want to visit an insurance person in order to save spending two or three dollars in a drug store. After all, the coin sets I carry with me in my coin wallet are valued at over $250.00, so a three dollar investment does not seem out of place.

Bob
Smile
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Uhhh, Curtis isn't saying to go to your Insurance agent for the sole purpose of getting a vinyl calendar. Most people go there this time of year and while you are there it would be a good idea to pick one up. That's what I understood from his post.
I just got like 3 the other day from my dad and I will have to use them. Good idea Curtis.
Anyway, some Dockers pants that I have contain a mini pocket sewn into the front, and the Dockers mobile pant that was the topic on this forum a little while ago have many convenient pockets.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think Curtis wants us to sign up with his Insurance agent so he gets a reduced rate.

I'm not going for it. No way!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks to Bob and Curtis.

I like the KISS keep it simple solution both could provide.

Thanks Bob for taking the extra effort to contact me regarding the question.

Happy HOYC.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A big help in Pocket Management (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL