The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chris Philpott's Intimate Mysteries (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
So glad you enjoyed it, RNK -- thanks!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Hey all –

I’m down to the last handful of copies of the pre-release version at the special price of $35 – when these are gone, the price will go up to $55 or more. I will forward all additions to anyone who buys this version.

So far the finished book will include additional material by Jheff, Pete McCabe, Steve Valentine and others as well as a brand new effect based on my double koko principle by John Bannon – he shared it to me at Magic Live and it’s wonderful!

Thanks to everyone who’s given me feedback on the pre-release of the book – the final version will be that much better because of your input!

-Chris
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Hey all –

I’m down to the last handful of copies of the pre-release version at the special price of $35 – when these are gone, the price will go up to $55 or more. I will forward all additions to anyone who buys this version.

So far the finished book will include additional material by Jheff, Pete McCabe, Steve Valentine and others as well as a brand new effect based on my double koko principle by John Bannon – he shared it to me at Magic Live and it’s wonderful!

Thanks to everyone who’s given me feedback on the pre-release of the book – the final version will be that much better because of your input!

-Chris
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

The completed version is now available worldwide at your favorite magic retailer (dealers, please contact Murphy's). Trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75vTvkIT3sQ . Enjoy!

-Chris
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Trailer looks fantastic.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I was just looking at this on Penguin:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15971
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Wow.

Looks great Chris, can't wait to read this.

Andreu.

:firedevil:
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of davidmag
This book has a high recommendation from me. It is not something for the begginers and if you're looking for a hip new tricks, than you won't find them in here.

What you will find is profound stuff and great stories.Something that the audience will be remembered forever. Very recommended for readers!

Chris when the owners of Intimate"Miracles" can expect the additions? (just saw that the completed version has 50 more pages)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4835 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 17:55, davidmag wrote:
This book has a high recommendation from me. It is not something for the begginers and if you're looking for a hip new tricks, than you won't find them in here.

What you will find is profound stuff and great stories.Something that the audience will be remembered forever. Very recommended for readers!

Chris when the owners of Intimate"Miracles" can expect the additions? (just saw that the completed version has 50 more pages)

I agree. The second section uses a very familiar method. But its the stories that help shed a little different light on the effect. This is also a book with presentations met more for adults. One could use the ideas and make them more appropriate for children.

RNK
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4835 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 17:55, davidmag wrote:

I agree. The second section uses a very familiar method. But its the stories that help shed a little different light on the effect. This is also a book with presentations met more for adults. One could use the ideas and make them more appropriate for children.

RNK
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Davidmag, give me about a week and I'll have additions out to all the people who bought the pre-release version.

Yes Zombie, it is indeed on Penguin but unfortunately they don't have the trailer on the page. Emailed them about it -- hopefully soon.

-Chris
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

For everyone who bought the pre-release version of Intimate Mysteries, I've just emailed all the revisions. If you did not receive it, pm me here or email me at chris@magicaonline.com and I will send that off right away. Thanks!

And I've gotten a lot of requests asking what the effect was in the trailer were a woman reads a man's mind ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75vTvkIT3sQ )-- that's FAAA (Force Anything, Anytime, Anywhere). You can do some pretty amazing things with it.

-Chris
gphrenol
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of gphrenol
Chris - I have found it to be a very well written and very thorough book. The effects are like psychological thrillers that have a controlled but strong unexpected twist personal ending. Your myriad of routines allow strong creativity and interaction with the audience. The imagination and wonder of the routines would appeal to anyone who appreciates strongly interacting with people.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4835 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-10-17 05:29, gphrenol wrote:
Chris - I have found it to be a very well written and very thorough book. The effects are like psychological thrillers that have a controlled but strong unexpected twist personal ending. Your myriad of routines allow strong creativity and interaction with the audience. The imagination and wonder of the routines would appeal to anyone who appreciates strongly interacting with people.

Very true! These psychological thrillers would be great "sit-down" magic for any situation. If at a regular strolling gig I can't see using these only because the time factor involved but to impress a client or a group you are chatting/eating with- these would be super!

RNK
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

The reviews for Intimate Mysteries are starting to come in:

"Chris Philpott is a major new voice in the world of mentalism. His book Intimate Mysteries contains ground-breaking new approaches and techniques wrapped in powerful and affecting presentations. It is a must-buy!"
- Mark Elsdon

“One of the Top Ten Magic Books of 2013! Great presentations for easy to do card tricks. The presentations add meaning for the spectator and usually involve some kind of personality reading. I have never done cold reading, but the presentations in this book make it easy to apply the effects to any
spectator's personality.” - H & R Magic Books

With the surge of interest in The 100th Monkey, a lot of stores are suddenly out of stock with this. I still have some copies available to ship right away (at http://www.magicaonline.com ) and a new supply is on its way to Murphy’s and should be available soon through your favorite magic dealer.

-Chris
thethirteensteps
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of thethirteensteps
I use the All Tied Up routine all the time. It has a powerful effect on people.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
This sounds terrific, and right up my alley...

I have to get my hands on this; I'm intrigued. Based on 100th Monkey alone, I am a fan of Chris' work. I can't wait to see what lies within the pages of this book.

Sf
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Thanks Thirteen Steps and Sean.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I only recently acquired this book (Thank you Chris)
I must say it is one of the best books I've read for a long long time.
It just seemed to suit exactly the direction I was going in and the atmosphere I'm looking to create in my performances

Very inspirational.
I can't recommend this highly enough.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chris Philpott's Intimate Mysteries (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL