The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Violin by Daniel Chard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Just picked this up from Magical Sleight. If you like Daniel Chard's other work on his dvd released a while back you will probably like this. Same visual style, some moves but nothing too knuckle busting, same relaxed presentation from the man himself.

Although there are already a ton of Ace Productions out there I like the 1st one on this download and will be adding it to my repertoire because it is relatively simple to set-up and perform, and yet looks just as interesting to me as many of the more convoluted and complicated ones available. Particularly good for showing off to your card-playing pals due to its nice kicker ending.

His thinking on the 4 for 4 switches is interesting and I can see some people adopting these moves straight away. For my situations the Chris Kenner one works fine, but it's nice to see other ideas.

The variation on the Bertram Change looks wonderful and is very easy. I'll be trying this one out for sure.

As usual with Magical Sleights releases, the production looks lovely. The teaching is mostly done with no voice-over, just a few text lines to help out, and should work fine for those of us who already have the basics under our belt. As with many of their other downloads I think it is assumed that this is the case, so total noobs (beginners) may get a little lost in places.

Overall, If you like the trailer I recommend this. It's pretty good value for money and has a nice variety of ideas to play with.
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's called Violin, but they only showed someone playing a cello?

I'll buy almost anything and give it a try, but I didn't find the trailer that interesting. Maybe because it all looked like moves I've seen before ( which he did do beautifully ).
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Hi fin thanks for your review very soon after buying it, I'm really glad your enjoying the material and hope they will serve you well on
Your performing repertoire.

Hi zombie magic, having bought a lot of the material MS has put out over the years , while some of the noes may have the same outward appearance of existing moves, mechanically their vastly different. Which can take existing effects to new realms of possibility and I also believe the moves will inspire creativity. As their very deceptive to perform and fun to execute.

Including the bonus theirs 5 items in total for 10 dollars, so 2 dollars per move. Nothing's held back and MS were a pleasure to work with our similar styles Smile you won't be disappointed!

Kind regards and once again thanks for expressing interest in my work. It means a lot .

Daniel Chard
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
Quote:
On 2013-07-17 19:49, Zombie Magic wrote:
It's called Violin, but they only showed someone playing a cello?

I'll buy almost anything and give it a try, but I didn't find the trailer that interesting. Maybe because it all looked like moves I've seen before ( which he did do beautifully ).

Watch it muted and play this in the background. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRqWWRCT5Cs&t=2m3s

It's great. At least as good as the Dark Side of the Moon / Alice and Wonderland thing.

Nice work by the way... I enjoyed it. Particularly the very visual color changes towards the end.
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Thanks don dasher, I'm happy to know you enjoyed the material and hope you find something you can use Smile. I have a killer colour changing deck that utilises the mechanics of the colour change, I'll polish the effect, film and share when it's done Smile

Keep your thoughts coming in! Any questions ... I'm happy to help, shoot me a Pm or leave a comment.

Kind regards

Daniel chard
F0z123
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of F0z123
Got this a couple of days ago and I really like it. Sky, the colour change and royal symphony were all incredible, personally I didn't like carmen as much. The bonus reversal was very interesting but not something that I see myself doing.
The download quality was very good (as you would expect).
Overall I thought it was a great download and daniel is a very talented card handler. So if you are an intermediate to advanced card handler I highly recommend you get this.
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Glad you liked the moves and all the tricks etc Smile the moves are open to a lot of potential variation and have been included in my repertoire for a small while
Now!

Don't dismiss the material as being difficult thought! It's a lot easier than first may seem! Literally any questions, give me a pm or email and I'd be happy to help Smile

D
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Sky is published in this months magic magazine in the talk about tricks, under the name of 'Inflight Switch'.

Had some great feedback regarding this! Your kind words mean so much to me!

Kind regards

Daniel Chard
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Daniel man, wicked stuff as always sir!

Will need to catch up soon buddy.

Best

R
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Glad you like it Russ! Must definitely! We shall have to arrange a card session soon Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Violin by Daniel Chard (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL