The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gumball Machines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Picking this up from another thread, who in your opinion makes the best gumball machine?

I have Howie Diddot's and I love it.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
314 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
A quick search finds this question already asked on the Café here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
and here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1320 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I own Joe Givan's, John Sterlini's, Ray Logan's and Buzz Lawrence's and love them all! They are all created from real, commercial vending machines built to withstand rigorous use and all wonderfully and reliably!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
How about Ray Lum's? I know that his focus on quality is truly superb.

Regards,
Mike
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
While on it it is any one familiar with Viking/collectors workshop gum ball machine?
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thanks for the link ncsteve and sorry for asking about the Viking C/W again.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have the CW machine.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1320 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I almost purchased a Ray Lum Lumball machine from Ray Lum himself or a couple of other Café members but could never get adequate information regarding the loading method of the machine. Every seller I corresponded with behaved as if the gaff was some great secret potentially threatening national security that they felt compelled to conceal. Even after I explained that I was a collector and already owned four other machines. I don't know what the big deal was but I found it rather ridiculous.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Richard,

We carried the Lumball Machine in the past. I have actually used this personally for more than 12 years. Please feel free to give me a call Toll Free 1-800-4407-4040 anytime and I will be more than happy to discuss and answer any or all your questions.

Best regards
Paul Gross
owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1320 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 15:46, rmendez wrote:
I almost purchased a Ray Lum Lumball machine from Ray Lum himself or a couple of other Café members but could never get adequate information regarding the loading method of the machine. Every seller I corresponded with behaved as if the gaff was some great secret potentially threatening national security that they felt compelled to conceal. Even after I explained that I was a collector and already owned four other machines. I don't know what the big deal was but I found it rather ridiculous.

I finally saw what everyone was so desperately trying to conceal! Fortunately, I never purchased this. It is actually far worse than I could possibly fathom! Ray Lum seriously could not do better than this for a machine he is asking $1200 for!? My God! In gangsta terms, this is a straight up jack! I don't care what anyone says! It is totally unacceptable! Anyone that says they are happy with this machine is lying to themselves in my honest opinion! Avoid at all costs and go with Givan's, Logan's or Lawrence's machines!
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
962 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Quote:
On 2014-01-03 14:44, rmendez wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 15:46, rmendez wrote:

I finally saw what everyone was so desperately trying to conceal! Fortunately, I never purchased this. It is actually far worse than I could possibly fathom! Ray Lum seriously could not do better than this for a machine he is asking $1200 for!? My God! In gangsta terms, this is a straight up jack! I don't care what anyone says! It is totally unacceptable! Anyone that says they are happy with this machine is lying to themselves in my honest opinion! Avoid at all costs and go with Givan's, Logan's or Lawrence's machines!

What rubbish ,many working Pro's are very happy with the Lumball.Nothing like coming on here and bagging a prop You have never used.
Nick Birch
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
187 Posts

Profile of Nick Birch
Each to their own I guess, but I've owned a CW Gumball for many years and love it. Easy to prep, the load is genius and, providing it's well maintained, hasn't failed me yet.

Nick
www.dark-artifacts.com

Purveyors of the finest handcrafted hauntiques. The Uninvited, Deathwatch, The Gift, Whiteface, Satan's Circus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gumball Machines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL