The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A favourite Tarot Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Anyone got a favourite Tarot routine with a bizarre storyline they could share? I'd like to find a good weird story paired with a routine using Tarot. Any thoughts?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
John,
Check out the e-zine Visions ( http://www.online-visions.com ) for my Bizarre Bazaar section.
There is a routine called Fate that uses Tarot cards, one that I use all the time.
You might like it; it seems to fill the bill, as far as your query goes.
Also my Witch of Glastonbury, in my current lecture notes Bizarre Magic, won an IBM award for originality back in '99. (It uses Tarot cards).
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Paul Wilson has a routine called Gypsy Monte on his Knock'em Dead video. This is a bizarre themed routine based on the moves in Color Monte. Very nicely done.

Doug
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
Get the Book of Thoth by Stephen Minch if you can it is full of tarot routines. I will send my routine when I get chance, but how about making your own. Got to be better than using someone elses work. Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I like to present Robert Neale's "Sole Survivor" (from Magic and Meaning) with Tarot cards.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Peter, thanks for the Visions Reference....was the Witch of Glastonbury routine written up in one of your Linking Ring Columns? If so can you tell me when?

Doug, will have a look at that tape first chance I get. Thanks

Lyndon, I look forward to seeing your routine and I hope to get some great ideas to personalize my own routine.

Philemon, I'm reading the Neale book now.....just hadn't got as far as your reference (until now).....tis a wonderful tomb and Sole Survivor will be used....now to pick the victims.....hmmmm

Thank you all for some great references
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
John,
No, the Witch of Glastonbury was never in my Showtime column.
It is, however, in my current lecture notes, Bizarre Magic.
If anyone is interested, e-mail me and I'll send a catalog list.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
Quote:
On 2002-05-27 14:06, Philemon wrote:
I like to present Robert Neale's "Sole Survivor" (from Magic and Meaning) with Tarot cards.

Another nice way to present Soul Survivor is to use Mexican Loteria cards. Each card has a picture of a person, animal, or thing on it. One of these is the grim reaper. Several others have pictures of people on them, which works well with the Soul Survivor patter. These cards are used in a bingo-like game called Loteria. Here on the West Coast, they are really easy to find. They may be harder to find elsewhere. Brujas Mexicanas use these cards the same way that other psychics use tarot cards.

Jim
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Don't know it's exact title, but there is a great trick in Neale's "Life, Death, and Other Card Tricks" about four brothers and the Devil. He describes the effect using regular cards, but it is much more effective with Tarot Cards. Smile
Mark H
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Mark H
You should check out Stephen Minch's The Book of Thoth. It contains 20+ effects using the major arcana. It only costs about $15 or £11 if you live in the UK.... Smile
Be Mindful.....
eric2104
View Profile
New user
saint-martin (French West Indies)
87 Posts

Profile of eric2104
You may want to check T.A.Water's "Quintassence" effect, from MMM. The storyline is not really spooky, but it's not difficult to make up one that would be. The effect is practically self-working, and quite striking, especially for a spectator who has a minimal knowledge of the Tarot cards meanings.
Hope that helps.
Eric. Smile
"All magic is mental"
Tony Shiels.
theologian
View Profile
New user
italy
21 Posts

Profile of theologian
Hi again,
My favorite effect with the tarot deck are:

Tarotemetry by Dr.Robert Allen in New Invocation n.47
It is a fantastic effect of psychometry with a pack of tarot cards.

The secret of the tarot cards by Carl Herron-Brother Shadow-in Magick n.1o4
It is a living and dead test with the tarot cards. It is wonderfull,fantastic.

The J.Magus's books-like Turn Friendly cards-are suggested readings.

Pax Vobiscum
Theologian

Smile Smile
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Just a note to say thanks to all that offered suggestions and references. Your feedback is appreciated.

John
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
I always liked Andruzzi's version of the Haunted Deck with tarot. I also remember an effect from Dr. Fathoms Amusements where a deck of Tarot cards are placed in a mason jar. The jar is covered with a silk. When the sik is removed the face of the pack has changed to a spectators thought of card.
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » A favourite Tarot Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL