The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An Important Thing I Learned Since Going Into Business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
There was a quote I remember reading long ago when I was much younger and I didn't fully understand it until I went into business for myself "Treasure your relationships more than your possessions." I certainly treasured my relationships with my friends and family, but since going into business for myself, I had a moment of enlightenment, as it is your relationships that will not only bring you happiness in life, but also profit and making money in business. But you also learn in business, that their is a whole lot more to wealth than just money or profit. I think another thing I have learned is that though the importance of a business turning a profit and making money certainly cannot be overlooked, a business which cares only for money and profit is a poor a business.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2800 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
"Treasure your relationships more than your possessions."

I like that General, thanks for sharing it.

A similar one that has stuck with me in business and life over the years is by Zig Ziglar:

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

How true it is, especially in business. Doing business is all about helping others.
Doesn't matter if you selling a product or doing a magic show, you can't do business alone.

It's also true that people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » An Important Thing I Learned Since Going Into Business (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL