The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Light just switched off by itself (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
R.S.
View Profile
Loyal user
CT one day I'll have
201 Posts

Profile of R.S.
I don't know, but if I was in a house where human footsteps were a daily/nightly occurrence, and apparitions of ladies in pink cardigans occurred, I don't think my main concern would be the mechanical light switch or the wiring in the house. Something seems odd to me about scottds80's casual and remarkably restrained treatment of this whole subject. It almost seems like it's a put on. I don't know. And I certainly apologize in advance if he's sincere. But does anyone else get that sense? I mean, shouldn't the original post (and the sentiment of the subsequent posts) be something like, "HOLY COW ... MY HOUSE IS HAUNTED!!"?

But then again, maybe scottds80 is one cool customer who doesn't get excited about anything. And I'm being too analytical of his posts.

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Thanks for the comments everyone
I just want you to know that I am being very sincere with this post !!!
In the past I didn't think much of it, but I have noticed that its becoming more regular.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3519 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I wouldn't just assume it is ghosts...could be demons or elves.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5827 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 09:31, Marlin1894 wrote:
Maybe the switch had not been fully thrown earlier, then fell from the halfway on/halfway off position to all the way off.

Bingo. Most common reality. Some switches, especially those very stiff ones, have a very high propensity to return to off if not flicked fully on.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5827 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Oh wait... Can I change my answer to "Smurfs!" I think they have a new movie to publicize.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 20:34, Tom Cutts wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 09:31, Marlin1894 wrote:
Maybe the switch had not been fully thrown earlier, then fell from the halfway on/halfway off position to all the way off.

Bingo. Most common reality. Some switches, especially those very stiff ones, have a very high propensity to return to off if not flicked fully on.

All good and well, but what about the footsteps and lady in pink?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
R.S.
View Profile
Loyal user
CT one day I'll have
201 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 20:26, scottds80 wrote:
Thanks for the comments everyone
I just want you to know that I am being very sincere with this post !!!
In the past I didn't think much of it, but I have noticed that its becoming more regular.

Oh, OK. Then I retract my previous post.

Anyway, it's highly unlikely that there is both a weird electrical/mechanical problem which causes light switches to activate AND you have ghosts at the same time. I think the reasonable conclusion here is that your house is indeed haunted. You nailed it in your original post.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Light just switched off by itself (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL