The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not Very Medical, Still (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sometimes I am amazed at the diversity of conversations on this forum. I wonder if you were to go to a similar forum on a site for doctors whether you'd get as wide a range of topics and views. Or is it something about the nature of magic and magicians?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Witch Doctors?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Doctors are probably not nearly as creative or funny as magicians. They probably also have better focus than we do, and ... SQUIRREL!!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
What makes you think there are no doctors here?
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 20:00, Michael Baker wrote:
Doctors are probably not nearly as creative or funny as magicians. They probably also have better focus than we do, and ... SQUIRREL!!!

Doctors aren't as smart as magicians either. Coming from someone who has his and her PhD in philosophy. Secret Squirrel!!!
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-07-19 20:00, Michael Baker wrote:
All the funny doctors are on TV.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Woland, lots of famous doctor-magicians; I was speculating about doctors as a group vs. magicians as a group.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If anyone read ANYTHING serious into my post, then I've done my job. One of my favorite magicians is a doctor (rather high ranking at that), and my favorite doctor is more of a magician than I am.

But, since we are generalizing the groups... I doubt their forums are as diverse as ours are. They don't need to be. They can actually do many of the things we can only afford to chat about.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
MASH was funny
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Curtis Alexander
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Curtis Alexander
I don't know about doctors, but from my experience with other medical professionals (nurses, EMTs, etc) there would be just as wide a range of topics, but I don't visit any medical forums. I do go to a few college football forums and the off-topic sections of those forums can be all over the place, but I like it.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
During a recent operation I not only insisted on being awake, but opted to watch the proceedings as well.

Midway through it, two surgeons and the anaesthetist had a heated argument over a football match.

Very scary stuff !
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Wishing you nothing scary and a swift and uneventful recovery this time, Circusman.
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
Wow Circusman I went through 2 major surgeries in November and December I was scared enough going through the knockout way I couldn't imagine being awake for it!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The coolest on this topic, I thought, was Callahan being awake during his lung operation. I can't decide if it was ballsy or stupid...think I'm going with ballsy. It's still on Youtube, I think.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not Very Medical, Still (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL