The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The one where you guess someone's iphone passcode (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Any reviews or comments? Here is the link: http://www.ementalism.com/collections/ne......passcode and the text from the site:

Mind Reading is all about revealing information;secret information.

The more interesting and personal the information, the more interesting and resonant the effect becomes.

So divining a person’s PIN number, for example, is great in theory but quickly becomes impractical in the real world as more often than not we have to ask a spectator to write down that piece of information first.

I started to think about other secret passwords and PIN’s that people frequently use that could be used in a Mentalism effect and one of the first things that came to mind was a Passcode lock number for an iPhone.

Contained in this modest 14 page eBook are two methods that allow you to apparently guess someone’s iPhone passcode.

The methods also fits the important criteria of being impromptu, and not having to ask the participant to write anything down!

Perfect for the casual performer as it uses nothing more than a borrowed object, and ideal for the working performer looking for a strong, contemporary effect for that spur of the moment, ‘show me something Magic Man’ moment.

Price is only 7 USD.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
This only came out a few days ago

So a bit early for any reviews , there are plenty of ways already published how to achieve this , but hey it's only $7 so not going to break the bank so why not take the plunge and be first to post a review

Regards

Martin
Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
The second method show in the ebook is very bold and super cool. Smile
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The problem with most of these pin code effects is that the claim "nothing is written down" invariable does not include "nothing is tapped out", which, let's face it, is the modern equivalent of writing.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if this new releases manages to fulfill the "neither written nor tapped" criteria.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 14:39, Vincent V. wrote:
The second method show in the ebook is very bold and super cool. Smile

How about the other one? I was excited about hearing about this.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I'm interested in hearing of ANY effects that successfully achieve something similar to the advertised effect. Someone said there's already plenty in print. Is there something "fishing free" or "writing it down" free?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 21:23, Robvs wrote:
I'm interested in hearing of ANY effects that successfully achieve something similar to the advertised effect. Someone said there's already plenty in print. Is there something "fishing free" or "writing it down" free?

This says it's without writing anything down.

I'm just wondering how this compares to the one on the "Eden Project"
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I have always been interested in methods to achieve this and I am an iPhone nut! So I thought I would check it out!

Unfortunately, my personal opinion of this work isn't great. The first method is disappointing and obvious. Here is a not to eBook authors. If you begin an effect with 'You are probably not going to like this method' (or something similar) then it is probably not a good idea to publish it! If I ever saw a new film trailer telling me I probably won't like it, I wont see it. Simple! Not being too harsh by saying this I hope but, It is kind of obvious. The only real value within this method can actually be found easily on google (and in fact, I already knew of it a while ago).

The second method doesn't really add much to the mix to be honest. As opposed to actually revealing the passcode, it is rather a way to prove that you have gained access to their iPhone. Again, this is very obvious and when performed to a housemate, they instantly knew what was going on.

I think there are better methods out there. I would much rather have something written down and perform this effect than use the methods in this PDF.

I did get torn apart in another thread for supposedly being to nice in reviews. My aim here is not to be mean or harsh but rather, to offer an honest personal opinion!

I thank Alexander Marsh for publishing this material and giving me the opportunity to check it out and I wish him well with the product!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The one where you guess someone's iphone passcode (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL